ban.do

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on November 5, 2009

Oh, girls…I’ve been bitten by the ban.do bug! Sigh…

Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be antidote for this particular malady. Not in my case, anyway. I suppose I’ll just have to suffer. $100+ hair accessories somehow got left out of the budget this year. How ever did we forget that, Mr. Beguiles? (Actually, ban.do does have a lovely $35-59 line called heart by bando but, wouldn’t you know, my own heart’s been stolen by their ever-so-slightly more expensive lines).

Please don’t misunderstand me…I fully support artists, their small businesses, and recognize the value of their work, I’m just not currently in a position to support them financially, if you know what I mean. Still, I can blog about them, dream about their gorgeous one-of-a-kind pieces and imagine that one day I might actually own one of my very own ban.do creations and that’s good enough for me. :)

Aren’t they amazing? I’m such a sucker for vintage-inspired creativity.

You had me at “hello”, ban.do!

Anonymous November 5, 2009 at 3:31 pm

The feather hat reminds me of things I wore to church when I was a kid! It was kinda of cool. You didn't set foot in church without your head covered someway.
Hair. Well we set our hair on hairpins and sat under HOT hair dryers! The results weren't the greatest.

Maurisa November 5, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Very cute post, but I think their hair pieces are just a touch too fancy for me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a girly girl, but some gals can carry fancy hair accessories, and some gals can't. All the better for our budget, LOL!

Betty Beguiles November 5, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I know what you mean, Maurisa. I'm not entirely convinced that I could pull them off either! But, since I can't afford to find out I'm just going to pretend like I would look as cute as the girls pictured! LOL!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary November 5, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Wow, those are beautiful!

But, dude, my husband is in the wrong line of work. After seeing this site I think it's time for him to cut out all this lawyer stuff and start selling what a few square inches of fabric for $130. I am certain that somewhere near the French Riviera there's a luxury yacht gliding around called the ban.do.

Betty Beguiles November 5, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Jen: You crack me up! I would totally support a career change for J! LOL!

Dawn Farias November 5, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Oh, Betty, I'm sorry but I can't dig them. Well, you kind had me with the first one but the second one is a tad too much.

And I'm thinking if they are really popular than Target should be getting some any day now, no??

I like your new profile picture. You look different than the you I was used to. Pictures are funny like that, huh?

Dawn Farias November 5, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Oh, sorry to ramble on about your picture, but I do love your hair.

Elisa November 6, 2009 at 2:27 am

They are super cute…BUT I've seen a few flower in your hair tutorials out there…here's one: http://juliegillrie.blogspot.com/2009/09/flower-hair-clip-tutorial.html or Heather's yoyos…I can see those made into a hair thing… http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/photos/how_to_make_a_yoyo/index.html

Lauren November 11, 2009 at 6:22 am

Oh dear. I love them. And that's bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

Lisa November 30, 2009 at 2:05 am

I'm with Elisa… These look totally do-able at the home craft-table… Brings to mind images of cololnial maids tatting hats together.

Life with Kaishon December 5, 2009 at 11:53 pm

These are so gorgeous. Wow. I hope you get one for Christmas : )