"Up!" Themed Engagement Shoot

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on May 15, 2010

Am I the only married gal that occasionally dreams of the wedding I would plan if I had it to do all over again?

It’s not that I would change a single thing about the wedding I already had, it’s just that I might like to have another wedding (to the same boy, of course) so that I could use all the ideas I’ve collected since my special day back in 2001. I guess that’s not really allowed, though, is it? What a shame… ;)

Anyway, I happen to have stumbled upon one such inspiring idea just this afternoon. First things first, though. You have seen the Pixar movie, Up!, haven’t you? If not, you simply MUST watch this:

How sweet is that? Apparently, one adorable couple in California was so taken with Carl and Ellie’s love story that they modeled their entire engagement shoot on it. The pictures are absolutely delightful. Here, take a peek:

Don’t you just love those? The photographer has quite a gift, doesn’t she? To view more of her work you can visit either her Wildflowers Photography website or her blog.

Lots of love to you all! I hope your weekend is filled with love, sweetness and romance! I must say, I’m feeling rather inspired myself…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary May 16, 2010 at 2:20 am

Oooh, those are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Love2Learn Mom May 16, 2010 at 3:00 am

Sweet!!! Can't wait to show the kids. :)

Jordana May 16, 2010 at 3:25 am

I think about all the other things I could do with a wedding, if my husband and I could get married again. A weird thought, but then again, there were some parts of my wedding that were less than idyllic, having to do with things out of my control. And if I could get married again, I could have a Catholic wedding.

I love those engagement photos. :)

TRS May 16, 2010 at 4:50 am

Fun engagement photos… and I love everything about carl and ellie's montage but the miscarriage part. What a cruel thing to gloss over in a kids film.
My best friend told me that she hated the movie because of it. She watched it just a few weeks before she miscarried herself. … just thinking that bit was unnecessarily cruel. Ruined the movie for her.

But I still love Dug.

Heather May 16, 2010 at 2:45 pm

So sweet. I do plan on having a "do-over" wedding one day – maybe for my 25th anniversary?

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City May 16, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Oh my gosh! Gorgeous!!

Anonymous May 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

HOW creative! I LOVE those pictures! I don't have 1/10 of that creativity in me. So glad to see them.
Oh, and about the miscarriage part in UP, I don't think my kids got it, but I guess it was supposed to be so you would understand why he is such a grouchy old man- he lost the only thing he had.

Maryanne May 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Wow, great photos! We love that movie.

MicheleQ May 17, 2010 at 6:58 pm

We didn't have a big planned wedding to begin with so we had one on our 10th Anniversary. We just celebrated our 25th and we have double the number of kids we had then but now it's time for helping to plan THEIR weddings. Given the number and age spacing of children that's going to be happening for quite some time. And now I feel tired . . .

lotusblossomjin May 17, 2010 at 10:16 pm

LOVE it! And I'm so totally with you – I do dream of that dream wedding if I could do it all over again (to the same boy, of course!). I loved my wedding – mostly because of what it was – vowing to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, and all the fam and friends that were present, but I'd totally do more research, pick out cuter bridesmaid dresses and hire a much better photographer. I'd keep the cake though :).

Elisa May 18, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Those pictures are so pretty and so creative. I want to do my "dream wedding" on one of my anniversaries…10th sounds good!

BlueCastle May 26, 2010 at 12:28 am

I love this. So adorable and memorable.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge June 28, 2010 at 7:07 am

These are so beautiful I keep coming back and looking again. My husband wants to have some done like this for our 10th anniversary. We purchased Up and just watched it with our kids last weekend. We were in love with Carl and Ellie. Our kids liked that there was a talking dog. :) Love your blog!