Cultivating a Heart for Your Husband – a 14-day challenge

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on November 6, 2011

Before I say anything else, let me just say this: thank you. I am truly overwhelmed by all of the love, support, and encouragement I received while creating my book. You all are the best and I have mad love for you.

And now let me say (and I assure you this is not a complaint): creating a book is hard. Like hard hard. Really hard. And tiring. And scary. And emotional. And yes, pretty darn awesome. Do you know who I couldn’t have done it without? My rock star husband. He dried my tears and cheered me on; he cooked and mopped and scrubbed; he taught children and bathed children and loved children and trained children; and he did all without once making me feel like I was failing them or him in any way. He’s a treasure, that one. (Oh, and he did it all while writing his own book so, yeah, he’s probably some kind of mutant.)

The truth is that as much as I deeply, passionately loved the entire process, I missed just being a wife and Mom. I hope my writing career is not done but we’re all way overdue for a long break. This past weekend found me gleefully folding laundry (which is all kinds of crazy – the gleeful part, anyway), decorating for Thanksgiving, exploring the out-of doors with my little ones, and snuggling with my husband. It was pure bliss.

But back to that hero husband of mine. While I was nesting this weekend, it occurred to me that I’d like to quietly thank him in some way. It is the season for giving thanks, after all, and he surely deserves mine. So, here’s what I’ve decided to do:

Starting this Wednesday (just shy of two weeks before Thanksgiving) I’m going to embark upon a little project I’m calling Cultivating a Heart for Your Husband. For each of the fourteen days leading up to Thanksgiving I’m going to do a little something extra for my husband. I’m not going to tell him I’m doing this (he’s been ordered not to read this post), I’m just going to do it. I’m going to pour myself into loving him.

If you’d like to join me, I’d love it! I’ve created a free e-Booklet that will guide you through the daily activities.

To snag this e-Booklet, simply subscribe to my RSS feed in a reader (such as Google Reader or Bloglines). The download is available on the bottom of each post in the feed (see screenshot below).

Happy loving, ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sarah @ Amongst Lovely Things November 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Fabulous idea, Hallie! Fabulous, fabulous. :)

Mrs. Henderson November 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm

You are totally precious!
I am so going to do this!! I love it!

Thank you!

Lisa November 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I’m SO In!!!
And by the way….time flies. I remember the day when you found out it was a yes for your book. I felt like I had been given a GREAT BIG YES TOO. I was so proud of you. I am sure it was hard. Creating anything worthwhile is hard. Happy Giving Thanks Time!!
Lisa
p.s. too bad we never got more time…

Monica November 6, 2011 at 10:40 pm

phew! this IS a challenge! but a beautiful one! Good thing I have until Thursday to work this out for myself!

Katarina November 6, 2011 at 11:32 pm

What a wonderful idea
Not sure i can do all fifteen days but am definitely going to try

Congratulations on your book Hallie !

Laura @ Show Me A Day November 7, 2011 at 5:25 am

love love love love love.
and couldn’t help but smile (oh-so-maturely) at the “initiate” orders.

JF November 7, 2011 at 7:56 am

I just love this idea. How inspiring!

JF November 7, 2011 at 7:59 am

Just coming back to say – I just downloaded the PDF, and I love it. Thank you so much for offering that!
JF recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 150)My Profile

pablo November 7, 2011 at 8:24 am

Show your husband how much you love your children…..

Let him have a good drink and relax on an easy chair while he watches you enjoy yourself with the kids.

The best gift a man can give his children is to love their Mommy…

I think I will buy your book and give it as a gift.

Angie November 7, 2011 at 8:50 am

Maybe this is a silly question but if your starting on Thursday how come day 3 is a Friday? I’m still planning to give it a go as this is just the project I need to love on my husband. Thanks!
Angie recently posted..November Family Literacy- The Gingerbread BoyMy Profile

Betty Beguiles November 7, 2011 at 9:06 am

Oops! I’m actually planning on starting on Wednesday. That’s what I get for typing this up late at night! ;)
Betty Beguiles recently posted..A Heart of Gratitude – a 14 day challengeMy Profile

Mary/Screllos November 7, 2011 at 9:06 am

I just emailed this to myself! Love it! Although I might have to “improvise” with some things depending on when baby comes (like the date night… might be spent in the hospital. haha)
Thanks for sharing!

Grace November 7, 2011 at 9:47 am

My head is just rolling with all the ideas I have for this challenge. You know…gotta make it my own.:) Thanks for your service in writing a book! Congratulations!! And thanks for inviting us all to join you in this challenge. I’m getting flushed just thinking of my hubby…he’s so cute.:)
Grace recently posted..Help! My Kid Can’t Write!My Profile

Outfit31 November 7, 2011 at 10:05 am

What a great idea! Hubbies do get ignored by us Cyber Wifies, because all the time we spend with our boyfriends, named BLOG! Ha! Bet you thought I was gonna write something else! :-) I’m with ya! Thanks for the idea!
Outfit31 recently posted..Colorful ConservativeMy Profile

Betsy November 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I LOVE this idea! I can’t wait to get started! And I can’t wait to add a little something extra for our anniversary (the 21st) and his birthday (the 24th)!
Betsy recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 28)My Profile

Sarah November 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Great idea and congrats on the book! I can’t wait to order a copy. I am going to do this too!
Sarah recently posted..Works of Mercy and One Thousand GiftsMy Profile

Kendra @ The Nerdy Wife November 7, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Omgosh Betty, I’m so happy for your book and that you had such a great family to pull you through!

I’m absolutely doing this….mostly because my husband has been hardcore picking up the slack for me around here, and I’ve just felt so lazy. I started a little early tonight, I just surprised Stephen with homemade chocolate pudding :-)
Kendra @ The Nerdy Wife recently posted..PDA, What’s the Deal?My Profile

Laura November 7, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Awww luck runs both ways in regards to your marriage that’s for sure… if I had a husband I’d be totally in, but I hope all you lovely ladies have a blast with this. Congratulations on your book, it looks amazing

Jen November 8, 2011 at 5:15 pm

This is a perfectly fabulous idea!! Thanks for doing all you do to remind us how much our husbands do :)
Jen recently posted..Gratitude for AdoptionMy Profile

Kimberlie November 8, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I am going to join the challenge even if I can’t do EVERYTHING it’s better than the almost nothing that I have been doing. My marriage needs a little spark. This might be a good start. I especially love the first day devoted to prayer. I don’t pray for my husband enough. My kids, yes, as a worrying mother, I pray for them a lot. But for my husband, not so much. I think it’s a good daily habit that I can do for all 14 days!
Kimberlie recently posted..A Simple Woman’s Daybook for November 2011My Profile

Holly November 9, 2011 at 6:31 am

I’m so in! I’ve been off my wifely game for a little while, now, and this is a great way to swandive back into the deep end : ). Here’s to the husbands!

bobbi November 9, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I just saw this in time! What a fabulous idea! And it is perfect timing since today is the anniversary of the first time we wrote each other. (We met online.) I’m sure my hubby will be thanking you at the end of the 14th day. ;-)

EML November 9, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Awesome idea! Thanks for putting it together.
EML recently posted..Heart of Gratitude – Day 1My Profile

Christie @ Garden of Holiness November 10, 2011 at 9:58 am

I am on it! My guy just went back on a crazy shift where he has to get up at 3:00 a.m., so he really enjoyed having company for breakfast this morning. I am going to have to make waking with him a part of my day, I think.

Kristen November 10, 2011 at 7:27 pm

How wonderful! I just found your post today and I’ll have to modify some a little bit, but I’m definitely in on this one!
Kristen recently posted..Fearlessly FrugalMy Profile

Michelle November 15, 2011 at 6:20 pm

What a wonderful challenge! I have only just discovered your blog and I love it. I’m going to try this. My husband needs some pampering after getting up with our baby every night for the past week while I was sick.

Marina February 2, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Thank you! Started today.

Jacinta August 5, 2012 at 11:57 am

Is it possible to receive a copy of this via email? I don’t know how to do this and my computer is very slow so I don’t want to overload it…