Calling the inestimable Bonnie Hunt!

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on March 26, 2012

A woman of substance, if I ever saw one!

Do you know who I just found on Twitter? The inestimable Bonnie Hunt! I love this woman. LOVE. The Bloggess and The Crescat share a love of Nathan Fillion but for me, it’s all Bonnie, all the time.

In fact, when I was working on putting together “Style, Sex, and Substance” I was determined to have her write the Foreword. I searched high and low (and even considered cornering Kevin Bacon) but I could not trace our six degrees of separation! (So, yeah, maybe I should have looked her up on Twitter but HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN? Don’t answer that.)

Anyhoo, all the Bloggess asks of her man Nathan is a simple picture of him holding twine (is this really so much to ask, Mr. Fillion?). And all the sweet Crescat wanted for Christmas was for him to follow her on Twitter, convert to Catholicism, marry her, and father a great many of her children (if you knew her the way I do, you’d be all over that, Nathan). My desire is but a simple one, as well:

I want a picture of the fabulous Ms. Hunt holding a copy of “Style, Sex, and Substance”!

Is that really too much to ask?

I was trying to come up with a clever way to catch her attention and thought, “I know! I’ll take a video of myself singing My Bonnie Lives Over the Ocean!” Wouldn’t that be darling? Wouldn’t she just love that? But then I looked up the lyrics and, um…creepy! We wouldn’t want her to think that I’m some kind of stalker. (Wherever would she get such an idea, girls?)

(Oh, and just for the record, I’m still bound and determined to have her pen a Foreword for my next book but we can totally discuss that later. Priorities, people. Priorities.)

So, Ms. Hunt, this is my plea: a simple photo of two of my favorite things – my brand spankin’ new book and you. I’ll even send you a copy! What do you say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenny C March 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

I will tweet it! I love Bonnie Hunt as well. I was sad when her show went off the air. :( One of my favorite stories she tells was about her being in nursing school when her beloved dad died. She wanted to give up school b/c she was so sad, but she went back, and took care of a man who knew her dad and told her that her dad was an amazing man who influenced him in his life. Talk about a moving story…

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 10:43 am

That is so sweet!
Hallie @ Betty Beguiles recently posted..Calling the inestimable Bonnie Hunt!My Profile

Maggie @ From the Heart March 26, 2012 at 11:10 am

I also love Bonnie Hunt! She is a phenomenal actress and she is hilarious! I’m sure you have seen the movie she directed called Return to Me. That is my all-time favorite movie. I’ve often wondered how much she embraces the Catholic faith.

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Return to Me is one of my all-time favorite movies. :)

Jodi March 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. Return to me is my favorite romance EVER. seriously. But the best part of it is Bonnie Hunt’s family. :) Love me a big Catholic family.
Jodi recently posted..The “Well Suited” Pleated Clutch Wallet (plus brief How-To!)My Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Do you think Bonnie’s feeling the love yet? ;)

Lynn March 26, 2012 at 11:56 am

Isn’t she great? LOVE this post!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Thanks, Lynn! Let’s hope Bonnie does, too! ;)

Martha March 26, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I’m confused – why do we love Bonnie Hunt? I don’t mean to be contrary, and I have enjoyed her acting throughout the years, but why is she in particular such a desired supporter? She was raised Catholic, I know that, but it was my understanding that she’s not particularly outspoken about her faith and that she sadly divorced.

I think EVERYONE should love your book and take pictures of themselves with it, but maybe that’s too broad. :)
Martha recently posted..Tuning Out and InMy Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I love her because she is hilarious and sweet and is unafraid to present a very positive picture of Catholicism to the world — which is rare. I don’t know the details of her faith journey but I don’t need to. I trust that God is guiding her along her own unique path and has beautiful plans for her, indeed!

And thank you for the compliment, love!

Colleen Martin March 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Nope, I don’t think it is too much to ask at all, Hallie!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Oh, good. I was fairly sure that I was being supremely reasonable but it’s good to have confirmation. ;)

Tony Rossi March 26, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I realize I’m the odd man out (literally!) on this comment thread, but I’d also recommend a little known movie by Bonnie Hunt called “Stolen Summer.” It was done by a first-time writer/director and had it’s issues, but it was a sweet and funny story about a Catholic boy who tries to earn heaven by converting his Jewish friend. It kind of falls apart theologically at the very end, but it’s still an entertaining film – and Bonnie is funny in it.
Tony Rossi recently posted..Faithfulness in Little ThingsMy Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Thanks, Tony! I’m always pleased with your suggestions so I’ll definitely check this one out. :)

Kimberlie March 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I saw that movie. I liked it and while I can’t remember the ending of the story, I do believe I ended up crying. It was a sweet film. Love Bonnie Hunt too!
Kimberlie recently posted..Funny!My Profile

Jennie March 26, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Oh, I just love Bonnie Hunt! She’s hilarious. I just found this interview with her on the topic of large families. She’s raves about how much fun families with lots of kids are. And I know she always tries to get her nieces and nephews and brothers and sisters into her movies. A bunch of them were extras in Return to Me. Love her!

Jennie recently posted..P.S.My Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I love that!

Jenny C March 26, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 26, 2012 at 7:17 pm

So, so sweet. Thank you so much for finding this for me!

Helen March 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm

So, we sing ‘My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean’ to our kids all the time, but only the first verse! The rest of the song is…interesting…I think I’ll learn it anyway :0)

BTW Amazon UK sent me a sweet little note informing me that your book is due in a week. I can’t wait!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Awesome! That took long enough! ;) Hope you enjoy it!

Lee September 3, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I also recommend a film called “Loggerheads.” Bonnie gives the greatest dramatic performance of her career in this movie. She had me in tears by the end of the film.