Scenes from Behold 2012…

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on March 12, 2012

With the ever-saucy Elizabeth Duffy.

With the sweet as pie Danielle Bean.

With the gorgeous Jen Fulwiler.

With Carolyn Averill and Monica Freng - two truly amazing women.

A surprise from sweet Moni (see her loveliness above).

A spiritual spa day, indeed.

A soul food gift from the Behold organizers.

Lovely ladies.

I just got back from Peoria, IL (where I attended the Behold Conference) late last night so I’m exhausted and my thoughts are┬ádisorganized but this I know: this past weekend was quite the gift. I so wish I’d taken more photos but the above snapshots are all I came home with. That’s okay, though. I have no doubt my memories will remain vivid.

The Behold Conference organizers set out to make their event a “Spiritual Spa Day” for women and they absolutely succeeded. Thanks to the company of some of the most amazing women I’ve ever met, prayer, Adoration, the sacraments, delicious food, excellent music, edifying talks, and unbelievably sweet gift bags (full of chocolate and makeup and more!), I feel truly rejuvenated — in mind, body, and soul. Oh, and the evenings spent cavorting with some of the most hilarious women I’ve ever met? Absolutely priceless. To say that I am grateful would be a huge understatement.

Sleepy, but happy,

Betty Duffy March 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Had such a blast hanging out with you all! Good times indeed.

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 2:39 pm

And I have the video to prove it! ;)

(I tried to send it to you, btw, but it keeps keeping sent back!)

Molly March 12, 2012 at 2:51 pm

It was so nice to meet you and to get your book at the event. Looking forward to starting it soon.

Diapeepees March 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Thanks for sharing those photos…I felt like I was missing something big, something that’s been building for years, and now showing so many fruits among our generation of women….we’ve brought feminine hope back to the church…it’s vibrant and catchy and attractive. We’re not ashamed, wanting to hide our Catholicism — we want to flaunt it. Too bad to miss…had tix but a sick kid…not meant to be this time!

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 3:08 pm

It was such a treat to meet you, too, Molly! Happy reading! :)

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Oh, I’m so sorry you had to miss it! (But what a good Mom you are!) Hopefully we’ll get to see each other at Behold 2013!

Betty Duffy March 12, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Just as long as it doesn’t get into the wrong hands.

Mamabearjd March 12, 2012 at 5:52 pm

One day, maybe!

Can I just say that you are ROCKING those bangs! Seriously, I seldom see good bangs and your hair looks fantastic.
Mamabearjd recently posted..St Joseph AltarMy Profile

Colleen March 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Ooooh, I am so glad that these events exist, and hope to go to one soon! By the way Hallie, I didn’t even recognize you in the pictures, you are looking even younger and cuter than when I met you in April. Can you tell us all how to age backwards like that?!?!?
Colleen recently posted..Style, Sex & Substance: A ReviewMy Profile

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 6:12 pm

You’re so sweet. Thank you! I am quite fond of bangs.

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm

It helps that I’m in a phase of life where all my children are sleeping through the night. That was NOT true last year in Boston. I was definitely in one of those survival seasons that I talk about in the book. (And thank you so much! You’re a peach!)

dweej {House Unseen} March 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm

How many times can I say you look fabulous before I start being “that creepy internet lady”? A couple more times at least? Please? Yay! You do look so fab and the cavorting sounds wonderful. I heart cavorting!
dweej {House Unseen} recently posted..Noshing on a Slice of Humble PieMy Profile

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm

You could never be “that creepy internet lady.” You are “that incredibly sweet internet lady that makes everyone feel happy.” :)

I heart cavorting, too! You are planning to cavort at Behold 2012, yes? (Say yes!)

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I’ll guard it with my life! (Though I can’t promise I’ll delete it — you’re too cute!)

Laura March 12, 2012 at 8:44 pm

It looks like the event was amazing and everyone had a great time, which is so great! You ladies deserve it. I second the comments on your cuteness, by the way.

Dianna March 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I don’t think so, Dwija. After all, I told her she was beautiful on Twitter ;)

I think we are certifiable ‘NON Creepy Ladies’

We need a date for 2013. After all, it’s in prime running/training season for me. Have to juggle the schedule.
Dianna recently posted..Saints and Scripture Sunday: Making a ConfessionMy Profile

Dianna March 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I’ll bet there was lots of squealing and hugging, no?

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Word on the street is that they will be announcing the 2012 date soon! I’ll let both of you sweet (and definitely non-creepy) ladies know as soon as I hear something! You two simply must attend!

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 8:50 pm

It really was. Any chance you can make it next year? And thank you! You all are too sweet to me. xoxox

Betty Beguiles March 12, 2012 at 8:51 pm

There was! In fact, whoever was in the room next to mine at the hotel starting banging on the wall! Oops!

Sarah March 13, 2012 at 9:00 am

Had such a great time, and I loved meeting you! Your comment was so sweet. Maybe next year we can drive together? I hope they have a blogger summit and maybe I can pass for the “big league” and come too!

I too meant to tell you that your hair is awesome! Love the bangs. The dress. All of it!
Sarah recently posted..Behold 2012My Profile

Betty Beguiles March 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

I would love that! What fun! And I know they would love to have you be a part of the blogger summit next year! Can’t wait to see you again!

Mary Ellen March 13, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Loved meeting you last weekend. I hope you’ll all be back next year as there are some ladies in Springfield who are sorry they missed you (and all of the other amazing bloggers!). The book is great and I’m so glad that I got some autographs. When you ladies are canonized, it’ll be a second-degree relic, right?

Betty Beguiles March 13, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Oh, I loved meeting you, too! I told Dan all about you when I got home. And I really hope I’ll be back next year, too. That would be awesome. :)

Nancy Piccione March 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Thank you so much for posting the photo of some of the extra “goodies” put in the blogger bags. One of the blogger team, Linda (she was the “gate-keeper” Friday night), spent a lot of time deciding what to put in those, and also delivering them to the hotels. When I told her this morning at the school library there was a photo on your blog, she was very excited. She’s already mulling over what goes in next year’s bags. :-)
Nancy Piccione recently posted..Meet a Reader: Emily StimpsonMy Profile

Betty Beguiles March 14, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I wish I’d taken more pictures! Every last little detail was so full of love and thoughtfulness! And you all even had it delivered to my room! I really can’t tell you how touched and delighted I was to receive your gift!

(None of this surprises me in the least, of course. I had the privilege of meeting Linda and she is an absolute treasure!)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles March 18, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Er, 2013, that is. ;)
Hallie @ Betty Beguiles recently posted..The Making of “Style, Sex, and Substance” (audio)My Profile