Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice, and You!

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on June 21, 2012

Friends!

Hi!

I feel like I haven’t connected with so many of you in ages. It’s been a crazy few months and I’ve missed you!

Now that it’s finally summer (I will never get used to the fact that spring sticks around well into June) tell me about your springs! What did you do? How did you feel? What were your struggles and joys?

I began Spring of 2012 with a light case of the blahs. I don’t know why. Maybe I was just tired. Anyway, in an effort to pull out of it, I decided to add a little more sugar and spice and everything nice to my life. For those of you I haven’t yet connected with on Instagram, below are the results (or at least a sampling of them)…

I savored scrumptious babies in tutus. Is there anything cuter in the whole wide world? (Answer: no.)

I listened to the Puppini Sisters. I love them.

I wore red shoes. They fill me with much joy. Every gal needs a pair of colorful shoes, methinks.

I sipped fruity drinks. Fruity drinks are very delicious. Always. Amen.

So are cupcakes. I ate those, too.

I put a rainbow in my purse. Still searching for the pot of gold.

I painted my nails pink. And not just plain pink. Pink with sparkles.

I went on a trip! I brought these rockin’ shoes!

On said trip I stayed hydrated, consumed the yummiest chips on earth, and read chick lit. Perfect.

I came home from said trip and immediately started hatching plans to visit the fair!

I ate pie. It was good.

I read a very, very, very good (and scary!) book. You should read it, too. Really.

I hung a Rosary in my kitchen. Then I put Sake next to it. I am ready for any eventuality. As long as I stay in my kitchen, that is.

I incorporated this “sacred Aztec seed” into my diet. How could that be a bad thing?

And I slept. During the day. Because I have the cutest, sweetest, most loving husband ever.

Happy 2nd day of Summer, girlies! Now tell me all about YOU!

xoxoxoxo

Amy@Diapeepees June 21, 2012 at 7:52 am

Love the rosary sake kitchen corner. Good idea, tho I’d probably do mine up with wine.
Amy@Diapeepees recently posted..The Evolution of an A1CMy Profile

Cari June 21, 2012 at 8:05 am

Oh, you know. Had a baby, that’s all.
Lazy, lazy, lazy individual over here.
Cari recently posted..Martins: The Myths and the RealityMy Profile

Melanie Gillespie June 21, 2012 at 8:14 am

From the photos, it looks like you had a lovely spring! The Country Fair at Stone Mountain Park sounds like a swell idea for me, it’s only five hours from here. My spring was a bit of a blur because spring = sacramental season = my busiest time of year! I am making up for it now by soaking up every moment of sunshine with the kiddos and many evenings with the hubby and catching up with friends.
Melanie Gillespie recently posted..Support for Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Perinatal LossMy Profile

Sarah @ This Heavenly Life June 21, 2012 at 8:26 am

How am I not following you on instagram?! Wait — I think I am, but I’ve been NOT on top of the feed lately. I’ve been missing out!

And I’m putting your book recommendation on my list. I’m always on the lookout!

Me? We’re in the waiting game for moving to a new (bigger!) house, so I’m all anxious and excited and despondent at the same time. Also? I’m eating creamy rice pudding. Lots :)

Happy Summer, Ms. Beguiles!
Sarah @ This Heavenly Life recently posted..Who Wants Some Cake? THIS GIRL!My Profile

ceciliamaria June 21, 2012 at 8:47 am

I started on the chia seed thing too!!!! My mom came to visit me in NYC this spring and brought with her the treasure of the Aztecs! lol! Mom uses it when she runs (one-time marathoner, three-times half-marathoner, four-times 25ker she is) and thought it would have the same benefits for me when dancing. I love me some chia seed!

Other than that, and my mom meeting my soon-to-be future in-laws while she was here (which was incredibly successful!), my brother being ordained a deacon, and my cousin professing his simple vows… it was a pretty typical spring!

By the way, I LOVE your brows in the last photo! They look fantastic!
ceciliamaria recently posted..professedMy Profile

Helen June 21, 2012 at 10:25 am

The tutu picture is soooo cute! So are your shoes (both pairs)

This summer here (UK) goes between heavy rain and lovely sunny days.

I’m preparing for an overseas move. Sorting out shipping is no fun at all!

Kara June 21, 2012 at 10:49 am

Love those shoes, both pairs. We spent the spring complaining about the miserable weather and planning summer excursions to make up for it. I think there may have been some homeschooling, Easter, and a First Holy Communion in there, but mostly we complained about three months of dreary, cold, wet weather ; ).

Cate June 21, 2012 at 10:52 am

Absolutely love the shoes! A good colorful pair always brighten up my days, too! I spent my spring welcoming another little girl into our family, so it’s been a beautiful season. Now that I’m healed up and we’re all getting at least a little sleep, I’m so excited to get out with my girls and enjoy the summer! Definitely going to check out that book- I’m always looking for my next read. Do you use Goodreads?
Cate recently posted..Thankful Thursday 21 June 2012My Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:37 am

I would usually pick wine, too, but I just couldn’t resist that pink bottle! ;)
Hallie @ Betty Beguiles recently posted..Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice, and You!My Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:38 am

In the words of Elizabeth Taylor, “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.” Sheesh, Cari! ;)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:38 am

Sounds lovely, Melanie! All of it! :)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

I saw your happy news on FB! Congratulations! I can’t wait to see pictures!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

Oh, wow! You did spring right, pretty lady!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:40 am

Oh, I love rain! And interspersed with lovely sunny days? Sounds heavenly!

Hope your move goes smoothly!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thanks, love!

I hope you the sunshiniest of sunshiney summers! ;)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:45 am

Congratulations, again! A new baby for spring! What could be sweeter?

I am on Goodreads but I haven’t posted any reviews yet. Maybe one day I’ll get on top of that. ;)

nancyo June 21, 2012 at 11:49 am

Are you in shooting distance of Stone Mountain? If so, we’re neighbors! I bought pretty shoes in the spring, thanks to your pinterest meanderings. And I had my first trip to a different hemisphere (2 weeks in Brazil). My summer plans are still fluid but probably include desperate attempts to stay cool.
nancyo recently posted..Tuesday Tour: St. Ethelreda Church, LondonMy Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 11:53 am

No, sadly (that would be a fun event/place to come together for a meetup!) . I’m eyeing the OH fair.

Sounds like a marvelous spring! Now I have to wander over to your blog just in case you’ve shared photos from Brazil! I’m all about living vicariously… ;)

bobbi @ revolution of love June 21, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I’ve been doing some major spring cleaning in more ways than one – improving the house, improving my health, etc. Hard work but the results bring so much more peace to the house. (You know the saying, when Mama ain’t happy…) In fact, one of your spring posts about making a Rocking Love Nest was bothering me to no end because my bedroom looked like it belonged on a hoarders show! But I changed it around. (I discuss it in yesterdays post, the book discussion of chapter 4 of your book. :-) So thanks for that. My hubby was very happy. :-)

I’ve been loving your instagram photos. I’ve gone crazy with snapping pictures. I love it. They call me the mamarazzi now. LOL. Have a great weekend!
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..Weigh-in Wednesday: Vol 8 (Part 2) – Book Discussion of Style, Sex and Substance -Chpt 4My Profile

Jeannine June 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Thank you for sharing this! Such a post has been on my mind, and this has given me the impetus to make one! I’ve listed 10 (or 11) things that lift me out of the doldrums.

I love your shoes! And I bought that Puppini Sisters CD a while back when you first mentioned it. I still love it! Thanks for encouraging us to do this…Mama’s spirits need to be lifted so our little ones don’t catch our doldrums.

My link will post in the below thanks to your “comment luv” if you want to take a look.
Jeannine recently posted..Doldrums Be Gone!My Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I was so impressed with your Rockin’ Love Nest pictures!!! And that portable bed idea? Brilliant!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I LOVE your post! Putting my West Side Story CD on right now. Thanks for the great advice! :)

Kendra @ The Nerdy Wife June 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm

EEEK! This is one of my favorite posts I’ve ever read from you, mostly because I love pictures and your great fashion taste. :-) I love the rosary in the kitchen idea (I’m going to do that now), the tulle skirt on your daughter, and especially the napping picture. It’s a dream come true when my son takes a long enough nap in the afternoon so I can nap too!
Kendra @ The Nerdy Wife recently posted..You Are Beautiful: Beauty After BabyMy Profile

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 21, 2012 at 2:38 pm

You’re so sweet. Thank you! I hope Henry takes a very, very long nap for you today!

Michelle P. June 21, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Oh, it looks like you had a wonderful spring! Mine was filled with toddler wrangling, spending some quality time with my husband (we had our first baby-free, overnight date in two years!), and getting ready for our new girl who will be here in a few weeks. And thank-you for the shoe inspiration! As soon as my feet return to their normal, non-swollen size, I will doing some shoe shopping!
Michelle P. recently posted..The Tangled Web I Weave.My Profile

Dwija {House Unseen} June 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I’m so sobby sad that my phone is incompatible with Instagram! I would love to stalk you there….

You WILL get used to spring in the midwest. And you will love it. Having 4 true seasons is the Bestestest thing evah!
Dwija {House Unseen} recently posted..Eating, Reading, Waiting {p. h. f. r.}My Profile

nancyo June 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Oh, honey, if you want to live vicariously, you can wade through my Brazil photo collection on flickr (I’m still working on the uploading, organizing + labeling the final days of the trip): http://www.flickr.com/photos/38132115@N02/collections/72157629983784877/ And yes, there are bits and pieces on the blog, too.
nancyo recently posted..Tuesday Tour: St. Ethelreda Church, LondonMy Profile

Rae June 21, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for my new favorite Pandora station: The Puppini Sisters! So fun!
Rae recently posted..The Rose: Love, Suffering, and SacrificeMy Profile

Martha June 21, 2012 at 10:24 pm

CHIA SEED?!! You mean I could’ve eaten the stuff instead of spreading it on a terra cotta lamb? Awesome.

Super fun post. Why is it that life is always better in a picture anthology?

Suzi June 22, 2012 at 12:10 am

I stinkn love this post! My spring was busy finishing school and keeping life afloat. My first day of summer I sent out an email inviting my girlfriends to my house on Friday, July 13 for a book nite of Style, Sex and Substance (food and wine too). So flippn excited!!!

Jennifer @ Raindrops On My Head June 22, 2012 at 4:00 am

I love all of these (rosary beads and Sake lol!!!, that’s a winning combination) but it has to be baby in tutu that wins the prize. Sending you great wishes from chilly rainy Irish summer!! Oh sigh…ever hopeful…

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 22, 2012 at 9:35 am

Romantic overnight dates are the best! I’m so happy you guys were able to do that! I can’t wait to catch a glimpse of your sweet newest little one over on FB. Prayers for you all and for a wonderful birth experience!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 22, 2012 at 9:36 am

Funny to be replying to the comment while I’m stalking you over on Twitter! I cannot wait to see #babyunseen! ;)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

My pleasure! And thank you for telling me that Pandora has a Puppini station!

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 22, 2012 at 9:38 am

Ha! I know! I thought the same thing. :)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 22, 2012 at 9:39 am

That’s so sweet of you! If you take any pictures, I’d love to see them! :)

Hallie @ Betty Beguiles June 22, 2012 at 9:40 am

Chilly, rainy Ireland sounds like a dream! I’m determined to visit one day! Maybe you can give me a tour! :)

Jennifer June 22, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I’ll tweet you a photo to lure you over…I can even offer to put you up-always room
for one more here!!
Jennifer recently posted..Beautiful Birds…Beautiful BeesMy Profile

Heather June 22, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Love the shoes! I’m usually just in black or brown (or boring sneakers – are they still called that?). BUT, I recently found a pair of cowgirl-style boots that are orange and I love them! I love wearing the bright pop of color! Your kitchen rosary looks beautiful too!
Heather recently posted..Not Just A New ChapterMy Profile

Trista June 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Hello, beautiful lady! I LOVE COUNTRY LIVING MAGAZINE AND AM DYING TO GO TO THE FAIR. Please go for me!

Tamar June 28, 2012 at 12:47 am

I just love everything about this post. I love the Puppini sisters too, their songs are amazing :)
Tamar recently posted..kimkardashiantapenews.comMy Profile

Raewyn (My Spare Oom) July 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm

This post makes me so, so happy. :) Just…happy! I love the sugar and spice you added – and I need to do the same, methinks. The past month’s been a trying one, so I could use some sweetness. Thanks for the inspiration, Hallie!