Well, hello there!

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on September 11, 2012

I guess I sort of fell off the face of the Internet planet for a while there, didn’t I? I didn’t plan it exactly, it just sort of happened. One day I’m all a-flutter about launching Moxie Wife and the next, I just felt an overwhelming desire to unplug. I didn’t think it through—it was more of an impulse—so I didn’t say anything to anyone. I didn’t really think anyone would notice, but you all are so sweet and flooded my inbox with emails asking whether I was okay. Thanks, friends! You make me feel much loved. (And to answer your question, yes! I’m more than okay — I’m fantastic!)

Although I feel kind of terrible, too, because one of the first things I did was to deactivate my Facebook account. It didn’t occur to me that my friends over there wouldn’t be able to tell whether I’d shut down my account or simply unfriended them. How awful is that? I’m so sorry! I love you all! Just not feeling FB right now.

It turns out that the break was just what the doctor ordered. I’d gotten to a place where blogging had begun to feel like a chore which is just silly. This blog isn’t my job. I don’t have to update. It doesn’t have to grow. It’s simply supposed to be a place I come for fun and inspiration and to hang out with you sweet girls. If it’s not that, I really don’t want any part it. I suspect I’m finding my way back to the land of happy blogging, though, and that delights me to no end.

So, what else is new? Big things, actually! First, we up and moved to Charleston, SC! We hadn’t planned on moving again so soon but the stars aligned and God called us back down south and here we are! While I’m going to miss the friends I made in OH terribly, I can’t lie – it’s so good to be back in the south. Everyone has a place that feels like home to them and the south is mine. Everything about this place feeds my soul and fills me with joy. Home sweet home. Oh, how I love you.

But I saved the happiest news for last…we have a new little one on the way! He or she should making his or her appearance in the spring and I can’t wait! I am dreaming of the day I get to hold this tiny bean in my arms and smell the sweet scent of the newly born.

And not be pregnant anymore.

I’m afraid I’m not one of those graceful, glowing women who savors pregnancy. Nope, I’m just praying that the days fly by. Lucky for me I timed this one pretty well (wink, wink). Just as the 1st trimester horribleness is starting to pass (I think…maybe…oh, I hope) the cooler weather of fall is starting to arrive. I suspect the 2nd trimester will fly by as I celebrate all of my favorite holidays in our beautiful new home. And then the 3rd trimester will arrive and though I usually get fairly impatient and uncomfortable by then, at least the weather will still be cool!

So, we’re home. And our home is lovely, and our life is beautiful. And now I must nap.

Hopefully, I’ll be back soon but I can’t say for sure. First comes diving into a new year of school, nesting, baking this newest little one, and exploring our new land. Then I hope that along with the relief of the 2nd trimester I’ll find my blogging mojo again and you and I can return to our fun conversations about love and romance. Thanks for all the love, sweet friends! I may not have missed blogging all that much but I have missed you!

Kisses!

5C3MN6UHXDEW

Lisa September 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

You were missed!!
Lisa recently posted..Grandparent question- advice wanted!My Profile

Roxie September 11, 2012 at 11:21 am

Congratulations! God bless your family and the precious new life you are growing! That alone is a full-time job!

Margaret September 11, 2012 at 11:34 am

Welcome back! We missed you; so glad the R&R did you good. Congrats on the newest little one — and the move! I am so jealous of all the fun you’re going to have in Charleston. Enjoy it!

Colleen Martin September 11, 2012 at 11:57 am

This post made me so happy!!! Sooooo glad to see you “back” and sooooo excited for another beautiful Hallie baby on the way and soooooo glad I have a fellow Facebook dropout friend :)

Jodi September 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I was wondering where you went. :) It’s always good to readjust priorities. No one will be upset with you for taking care of yourself and your family.
Jodi recently posted..Making Time to SewMy Profile

Kim @ Transitus Tiber September 11, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Congratulations! I was curious as to what happened, but it’s good that you took some time for yourself and the wee one! :>
Kim @ Transitus Tiber recently posted..Monday MinutesMy Profile

nancyo September 11, 2012 at 12:05 pm

wow, lots of great news. welcome (back) to the south and congrats on the newest little one!
nancyo recently posted..Birth of the Virgin MaryMy Profile

Lydia September 11, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Well, congratulations, Hallie! What lovely news. And now you are only an hour and a half away, so at some point you’ll just have to come to Savannah ;)
Lydia recently posted..Seven Quick Takes-Quite Silly EditionMy Profile

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy September 11, 2012 at 12:41 pm

So much good news! Congrats on the move (SUCH a gorgeous town you’re in!) and on the new baby! I hope the second trimester treats you well :)
Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy recently posted..Today’s Women Aren’t Mistaken; They’re Making a New WayMy Profile

TracyE September 11, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!!!!
Talk about your big changes all at once! God bless for a quick pregnancy, I never loved the being pregnant part…only the stretchy clothes and baby part! ;-)

Dorian Speed September 11, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Whee! Congratulations and glad to see you back, even if just for a short visit! Devote all of your efforts to learning to smock baby clothes as it will be an essential skill for life in Charleston.

Jennifer Fitz September 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Congratulations!!! And welcome to SC.
Jennifer Fitz recently posted..3.5 Time Outs: The Sitcom LifeMy Profile

Jennifer September 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Oh Congratulations!! That’s great news and lo Ely that the baby will be born in the place you love as home. Complain away I say, I complained my way through all my pregnancies, I’m sure my husband was sick listening to me! Not hat complaining got me any extra sympathy :-) Well anyway, that’s great news, we’ll be praying all goes well for this little Darlin’
Jennifer
Jennifer recently posted..Shine On…My Profile

Beth Anne September 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm

You live not too far from me now :)
Beth Anne recently posted..7 Quick Takes Friday {Volume 44}My Profile

Kallah September 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Hallie,
congratulations! such a joyful season for you and your family! I love that you unplugged silently and unceremoniously. I will definitely imitate you in that someday, whenever the Spirit moves.
Also – I am so jealous and excited for you to be living in Charleston! My husband lived down there for a little while, and we both hope someday God might bring us back there :)
Please please please do some Charleston-themed posts?!
Also, since you are there, and obviously will be needing some light napfriendly-reading-material, check out Dorothea Benton Frank’s “Sullivan’s Island”. The morals and such leave a bit to be desired, but I love how great Frank (a Charleston native, cousin to Msgr McInerny over at Stella Maris on Sullivan’s Island) is at portraying the deep culture of the Holy City of the South :)
Kallah recently posted..A September of Second WindsMy Profile

Laura @ Show Me a Day September 11, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Oh Hallie congrats over and over again! So happy that you have a new little one on the way!
Laura @ Show Me a Day recently posted..ProjectsMy Profile

Blair September 11, 2012 at 1:31 pm

So glad you’re back! Congratulations on the pregnancy and the move! Hope it’s a wonderful year!
Blair recently posted..Monday MotivationMy Profile

jen ambrose September 11, 2012 at 1:35 pm

So much news on which to congratulate you! Where do I start?

Audrey September 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm

So happy for you, dear friend! another precious soul–wooHOO!

Tina September 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Nice new site, congrats on the move, congrats on the new baby and I tried to get out of fb….too many connections.

Again, congratulations on your new baby….so wonderful!
Tina recently posted..Tennis, Golf & EmbraceMy Profile

Lydia September 11, 2012 at 2:27 pm

YES! Seriously. I have never seen so many smocked children as when I was last in Charleston.
Lydia recently posted..Seven Quick Takes-Quite Silly EditionMy Profile

Jessica September 11, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Congratulations! How exciting to have a little one on the way!
Your site is great–and everyone needs a blog break now and then. Welcome back!
Jessica recently posted..Things no one talks about: Going off birth controlMy Profile

The Reluctant Widow September 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Glad you are back. You were missed. I understand about FB. I had deactivated my account for a long time. Now that I find myself with a good bit of evening free time, I am back on though I mostly lurk and post my own updates about the kiddos.

Congratulations on your new addition! Can’t wait for him/her to make his/her appearance. :)
The Reluctant Widow recently posted..Random Thoughts Vol. 1My Profile

Cynthia September 11, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Congrats Hallie! Such happy news all the way around. Also, good for you for taking a little break. I think it’s a honest testament to remaining true to who you are and what you need at the moment. Your readers are happy to have you back!
Cynthia recently posted..Look at Me GrowMy Profile

Mary September 11, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Wonderful news!! Congratulations!! I hope you feel better soon. You have been missed!

Dwija {House Unseen} September 11, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Holy COW! What a post, Hallie! A move and a baby and wow, wow, wow oh my!

So glad you gave us an update. Can’t wait to hear more :D

Also- I’m with you on wanting to be done being pregnant. I always start the countdown the instant I know baby is on the way. Hugs!
Dwija {House Unseen} recently posted..Happy HomeschoolingMy Profile

Catherine September 11, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Welcome back!!! Sure have missed your posts. I’m so glad to hear so many blessings are going in in your life right now!

Jenny September 11, 2012 at 5:06 pm

First of all…congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family to be welcoming a new baby!

Second…I love Charleston! It is where I am hoping to go when we retire from the Army. It is one of the most beautiful cities.
Jenny recently posted..Too quietMy Profile

Bonnie September 11, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Congratulations, Hallie!
I loved the “wink, wink” part. God’s plans are very good indeed.

I’m glad you’re happy and well in the south. I was starting to wonder and worry. And I’m glad you’re refocusing on why you blog so that it’s enjoyable. I have always set the bar low on my blog – which may be why it’s not huge – but it’s always made it fun. It’s not about making money it’s about connecting with people.

And I love facebook but most of the time Twitter is exhausting for me. Funny how everyone is different.
Bonnie recently posted..Thomas the Train Birthday Party for my boysMy Profile

Melanie September 11, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Congratulations, Hallie! I am so excited for you. And praying that the icky first trimester will be truly over very, very soon.

Nicole September 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Congratulations, so happy for you!

Lisa G. September 11, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Congratulations!!!! Wow!!! On both! The move and the newest wee babe. But mostly the wee babe :)
Lisa G. recently posted..Meal Planning Made EasyMy Profile

Mamabearjd September 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I like to encourage everyone who leaves Facebook. Best decision ever – it was so freeing for me. Congratulations!

Mary L. September 11, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Congratulations on your new baby! Congrats on all the other news too. Glad to ‘hear’ how you are doing.

bobbi @ revolution of love September 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Congratulations, Mama!! I am so happy for you – on all accounts, but most especially the bambino. Although we missed you, I am glad you were able to take some time away. :-)
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..Making It Count Tuesday: Banana Oatmeal CookiesMy Profile

Laura September 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Oh My Gosh, you’re pregnant?! Congratulations!!!! Such happy news. Glad to have you back.

Christy September 11, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I was definitely wondering about you! Congratulations on your new precious growing baby! And I’ve always dreamed about Charleston since I was a little girl reading Gone With The Wind! I’m sure it’s utterly romantic to live in! God bless you all!

Leila September 11, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Congratulations!! So exciting!!!

And, I totally hear you on the “I don’t have to blog all the time!” It shouldn’t be a chore, you are right.

Hugs and welcome back!

Andrea September 11, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I have been wondering where you were like the rest! I am SO excited you are going to have another little love. Congratulations to your family & how exciting with the move. Looking forward to reading more on Moxie Wife, when you can and feel like it. God Bless, xoxox!

Ashley September 11, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Congratulations on the new little one! What a wonderful blessing!

Andrea September 12, 2012 at 10:06 am

Congratulations!

ceciliamaria September 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Congratulations on the exciting changes!!! Thanks for the update; I always enjoy reading you. :)
ceciliamaria recently posted..adventures of c&k: the football bugMy Profile

Doreen September 12, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I am so happy you are back! And that you are “home” (isn’t that just the best??), and especially, that you are welcoming a sweet new baby into your life! God is so good!
Praying for joy for you and your dear family, and that you have a good night’s sleep!

Jennie September 12, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Congratulations! Another little one, how wonderful! Great news all around.:)

Katie @ Wellness Mama September 12, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Congrats! So glad you’re back and what wonderful news about the new addition! Prayers for a healthy and easy pregnancy!
Katie @ Wellness Mama recently posted..Win A Gallon of Coconut Oil [Giveaway]My Profile

AgnesRegina September 13, 2012 at 12:19 am

Congrats on the new baby!!

Helen September 13, 2012 at 10:13 am

Hooray, Hallie, you’re back! I must admit that I suspected pregnancy :) CONGRATULATIONS to you and Dan and prayers that your little one is healthy and that you start to feel better ASAP. I do not handle being pregnant very well either…but it’s all worth it when you’re nurturing a new life!

Kris September 13, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Glad you’re back!! Congrats on the new baby. And I live in Atlanta, so I know what you mean about the south. We love Charleston!

Ashley September 13, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Congratulations on the new baby and the move!
Ashley recently posted..His snack, her snackMy Profile

Amy Caroline September 13, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I did the same thing, but only one person noticed, lol. It is all good though. I needed the break too. Really helped me realize what I like about blogging in the first place and it wasn’t the worry. It was the sharing.

I have been feeling the same way about Facebook too. There is a lot of negativity on there. So much name calling and side taking. Not sure I feel it anymore. Yet, I keep going back… addiction!

Good to see you back. I was wondering and I am so happy for you and your growing family! Babies are such a blessing!!
Amy Caroline recently posted..1957 Prom and I Swear I Am Not a Creepy StalkerMy Profile

Andrea September 14, 2012 at 1:52 am

I am so with you. I’ve closed my (very insignificant) blog, took measures to step away from Facebook, and deleted my rss feed.
It’s been a blessing.
In fact, I was sad to have missed your exciting announcement until I saw it on instagram today. (yay!)
And SC is closer to TX than OH! ( we were thisclose

Andrea September 14, 2012 at 1:54 am

Oops, on my phone.
Anyway, my husband had a job offer there in charleston area, and we almost took it! We could have been neighbors! I just missed Texas toooo much!
Lots of hugs, sweet Hallie.

Jordana September 14, 2012 at 10:03 am

Congratulations on everything. :) Just wish you had moved closer to me…
Jordana recently posted..School Time — Eighth Grade Curriculum ChoicesMy Profile

Elisa September 15, 2012 at 10:12 pm

YAY!!!!!!! Congratulations, dear friend! I’m so excited. I am NOT a Southern person (even though I’m back in Killeen, TX, yet again), but I loooooved South Carolina. We didn’t make it to Charleston, but Columbia was lovely. I really like it over there. I’m not even an ocean person, but I really like the ocean over there too. =) Congrats again. I’m so happy for you!
Elisa recently posted..Nature WalkMy Profile

Mel September 18, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Hallie -
Since you’re very good at fashion, I was wondering if you’d write a post on pregnancy and clothes? I’m halfway through my first-ever pregnancy and things don’t fit anymore! I don’t have the cash for a whole new wardrobe of maternity pants and stretchy shirts so I was wondering what you’d suggest! Just an idea. Welcome back!

Kirsten September 20, 2012 at 9:44 am

Though I’m late to the congratulating party, I still have to say it: CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful update all around! You have indeed lived a whirlwind this year, and I think you’ve more than earned some down time. Rest, grow that beautiful immortal soul, nap, and enjoy the autumn (and the 2nd trimester) in your new home. As an aside from another non-savorer-of-pregnancy, my eldest was born in the spring, and that timing is about as good as it can possibly get in my opinion. So, so, SO happy for you and yours!

Misty September 21, 2012 at 9:09 am

YAY! Congratulations and I will lift you up in prayer right now. I missed you on-line but as I am also in a bit of an unplugged stage myself I totally get it.
Misty recently posted..Reflection of Fall :: 52 PhotosMy Profile

nicole September 21, 2012 at 9:37 am

Congratulations! So, so exciting! And welcome back to the South. :)
nicole recently posted..The Circle of AwesomeMy Profile

Anne Schmiesing September 22, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Hallie,
I love your book with the provocative sounding title. : ) I have recently published a website devoted to clothing with a modest flare: http://www.passiflorastyle.com. I wanted to let you know that a passage from your book is quoted on the site. I was also hoping you might be interested in being listed on our advisory board. May I list you? I hope to hear from you soon. Have a great pregnancy.

Anne McD September 24, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I never tire of hearing that news!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I hope you get your spunk back soon, and I know for me, my pregnancy writing was always better than non- pregnant. Must be the hormones. :)
Anne McD recently posted..Five Minute FridayMy Profile

faerieeva September 25, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Congratulations! And now you’re only a few hours away from me anymore~ Yay!

Lisa Schmidt September 25, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Yay! Blessed be God. I actually had a dream about you (a little surprising!) so I had to check in, and wow! Where have I been? Congratulations on Baby #6. What joyful news. My parish is organizing an expectant mothers’ blessing on Respect Life Sunday, so I’ll be sure to offer prayers especially for you and your family. Godspeed!
Lisa Schmidt recently posted..Cardinal Wuerl’s Three Core Elements of The New EvangelizationMy Profile

Daria Sockey September 28, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Was beginning to wonder if pregnancy had something to do with your disappearing act. But wow, pregnancy plus a move really makes sense for a prolonged blogcation. Best wishes. Please show us your picks for some stylish maternity outfits:my daughter is expecting again this spring and I might want to get her something pretty.
Daria Sockey recently posted..St. Vincent on Interruptions to PrayerMy Profile

Sarah October 10, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Congratulations, Hallie, a bit late! I am so, so happy for you! Many, many blessings for you and Baby! Enjoy your new home, too :-) Take care, and God bless!!