Lovely Links

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on October 12, 2012

I posted the Dr. Seuss quote on Facebook last night but I couldn’t resist posting it here, too. Don’t you just love it? (Speaking of Facebook, I’ve been having a ball posting extra links and quotes and such over there. If you’d like to join the conversation I’d be tickled pink! You can find us right over here.)

Am I the last woman on earth to find out about Starburst Fave Reds? Cutie pie Miriel just happened to mention them on Twitter the other night changing my life forever. Bless you, love. Orange and yellow Starburst, be gone!

Sheila never fails to tackle the more delicate topics of marriage with courage and wisdom. I just loved her recent post, “7 Ways Hollywood Messes up our Sex Lives.” Do read it and while you’re there take a look around her fantastic blog. It’s chock full of excellent advice.

I despise morning sickness with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns so some of you might possibly have gotten the impression that I was on my death bed during my 1st trimester. I must humbly concede, though, that this pregnancy was by far the easiest so far (in terms of nausea). I credit my having adopted a new approach to my diet this time around with the improvement. I followed the same program that Jen did and highly recommend it. Her post, “How I (Mostly) Cured Morning Sickness,” is a must-read.

I think I’ll start this simple 30-day marriage challenge on Monday. Would anyone care to join me?

Sweet Joy posted this beautiful reflection a few months ago. I’m not sure how I missed it but it’s absolutely lovely. She is so, so right: first comes love. Always. What a great reminder.

For those of you who’ve been looking for some maternity-wear inspiration, keep an eye on Casey’s adorable blog. She is pregnant with her first little one and her vintage-inspired outfits could not be any cuter.

Do you love wearing dark red lipstick but struggle to keep it looking fresh as you go about your day? The Beauty Department gals just put up an excellent tutorial. Go forth, read, and have fun rockin’ those smokin’ hot red lips! ;)

Kisses!

Margie October 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I’m a relative newbie to your blog and just want to say I really enjoy your postivity! I’m definitely in on the 30-day challenge – I actually pinned that challenge before but haven’t put it into action. I would love to try.

Rosie October 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

oh my, I just discovered Sheila’s blog and ordered her book! She’s amazing. I was going to recommend her to you but I should have known you found her already!

Elisa October 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

The morning sickness post – I gave it to a friend who was about to stop having kids due to 38 weeks vomiting. IT WORKED!!! She’s on day 2. She feels awesome and up for 20 kids now. =)
Elisa recently posted..Nature Walk: In The CountryMy Profile

Kara October 13, 2012 at 8:24 am

Hallie, you always find the best things! Thank you for making my cup of coffee and alone time extra thoughtful this morning.

Best wishes!
Kara recently posted..Worthwhile Reads and Ham BonesMy Profile

Andrea October 14, 2012 at 11:16 am

Hallie, have you read Sheila’s book? Would you recommend it? Sometimes books of this nature all seem to just be more of the same. So just curious!
Andrea recently posted..V. 20 Seven Quick TakesMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I haven’t – though I’ve heard good things! Let me know what you think if you read it!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Awesome! I’m going to be posting the daily challenges on my Facebook page if you want to stop by and say hi!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! :)

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 14, 2012 at 4:26 pm

That is SO cool!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Oooh! You’re reading her book! I’d love to hear your thoughts when you’re finished!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm

You’re so sweet. xoxox

Rosie October 16, 2012 at 10:54 am

I’ll let you know! I love it so far–she’s so frank and specific, without being vulgar. That’s impossible to find. It’s really great for someone with inhibitions of various sorts, or someone without much experience. So far what I have found helpful are her tips for becoming more comfortable with your body and with physical touch, which is extremely helpful for a touched-out postpartum mom. She’s also helped me to understand why my mind wanders so much when I should be focusing on intimacy, and how to stop.

Stefanie @ A Dream'er's Wife October 29, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Just have to say that I love the Dr. Seuss quote! Also, I’ve enjoyed catching up on your recent posts! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful links too!
Stefanie @ A Dream’er’s Wife recently posted..Faith and Dancing (October’s Dreamer in the Spotlight)My Profile