PSA: The Style Whip Edition

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on October 5, 2012

One of the sadder things about our recent move is that I had to leave behind the very best hair stylist I’ve ever had. In addition to giving me kickin’ haircuts, he introduced me to my favorite hair product to date: Sebastian Whipped Creme.

I guess technically Whipped Creme┬áis a mousse (they call it “style whip” – kinda cute, no?) but I’ve never been a mousse-using kind of gal and I consider this stuff a must-have. In the description it says that it defines bouncing curls and soft waves and while I do use it when I put rollers in my hair, most days I don’t and I still use this stuff on a daily basis. Those of you who’ve met me know that my hair is pretty much stick straight so you don’t need to have wavy hair to benefit from using Whipped Creme. It simply gives my hair an extra bit of bounce and shine (without the least bit of crunch or stickiness as so many mousses do).

Also, it smells heavenly. If this scent was available as a perfume I’d bathe in it. You think I’m kidding.

A couple of tips courtesy of my once-upon-a-time fabulous hair stylist:

• Hold the bottle perfectly upside down when collecting the creme in your hands. I’m not exactly sure why but he insisted that this was a must-do.
  • Use just a little. Trust me, a little goes a looooong way.
  • And last but not least, word has it that you’re supposed to follow up application with a blow dry. I usually don’t. I just apply and let air dry and the benefits don’t seem to decrease.

So, that’s my favorite product of the moment. If you try it out, let me know! I’m pretty sure you’ll be a Whipped Creme devotee in no time. ;)

Have a lovely weekend, cutie pies!

Martha October 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I totally just put it in my cart.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 6, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Fun! Let me know what you think! :)

Elisa October 6, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Oh fun! I can’t wait to try it. My hair can be crazy. And if I wear it down, it always looks like I just fell out of bed.

And while I’m visiting, I might as well ask, because I consider you the experts on these things: How do you get mascara off? Any product that is a must have? I haven’t tried many, but my facial cleanser is supposed to do the trick according to its label, but it definitely does not. Thanks in advance. =)

PS: I met your good friend Jen F. today. YAY!
Elisa recently posted..Holey Banana BreadMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife October 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

I usually use Pond’s Cold Cream but Neutrogena has a really nice eye makeup remover if you want something slightly less messy. :)

And yes! Jen told me! She said you were unbelievably cute. Wish I could have been there. :)

Elisa October 7, 2012 at 11:22 am

You are so sweet. =) I’m pretty smitten by the wonderful Catholic community around here.
Elisa recently posted..Holey Banana BreadMy Profile

Elisa October 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I got some. It smells sooooo good.
Elisa recently posted..LeftoversMy Profile

Carol November 4, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Hallie, if you get a chance, I am dying to find hair-care products that are unscented (and not only that, but have no chemical smell). I have chronic headaches, and basically anything scented and even anything with too much of a smell (even a natural smell) usually provokes a headache. I use Giovanni’s hair spray and mousse, but there’s no wow-factor. Of course, I’m pretty much a hair novice and love a simple hairstyle for the most part… but for special occasions, I’d like some more ideas! Thanks :)