by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on March 19, 2013

five-favorites-moxie-wife-1

38 weeks and 5 days and the nesting urge has finally kicked in! I wish that meant that labor was imminent but that’s not usually my pattern. I’m guessing I have about another week or so to go. In the meantime, I’m distracting myself by pondering whether I have time to hire a carpet cleaning company and a painter for our interior walls, and trying in vain to get my money tree to bud so that I can buy all the things!!! Which things? Well, these beauties to start:

World Market Elliott wingback chair

How gorgeous is that shade of blue? Who knew World Market had such beautiful (and affordable) pieces of furniture? Well, cutie pie Martha did. She featured this pretty banquette in her Five Favorites last week and I’ve been swooning over their pieces ever since.

i

Modern Murals

Modern Murals

Modern Murals

This one comes with a hat-tip to the  ever-inspiring Gabrielle of Design Mom. She featured Modern Mural on her blog recently and I’ve been coveting one (or five) of their canvases ever since.

The only problem is that there are so many to choose from! And then once you choose an image, you have to decide how you’d like your image to be divided! Or if you want it to be broken up at all!

Sadly, some of us have husbands who fail to see the inherent goodness of dividing an image into multiple pieces.

But no worries. We’re sorting it out.

While he’s away at work. ;)

Mismatching, but coordinating, linens!

Mismatching (but complementary) linens. In bright colors. Love, love, love.

i

Cake stand for your sink soaps and scrubs.

Surely this cake stand kitchen clean-up set-up (say that ten times fast!) will make me want to scrub pots and pans all the days of my life! Or at least stand at the window and daydream. Baby steps, girls. Baby steps.

i

2744396a957ca23e50263906cebc0e89

I’m absolutely smitten with this alternative to a plastic baby gate. Isn’t it lovely?

Your turn, cutie pies!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge March 19, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I wish I had stairs and another story when I see baby gates like that…well, actually, I don’t have a baby right now so unless God has a lot of new plans to surprise me with I will just lust at those from afar…
Kristen @ St Monica’s Bridge recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Sarah O March 19, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Love, love, love that baby gate! Ours is the best I could find, but it’s nowhere as you unique as that one is.

Also, adore that color in the turquoisey chair. So lovely.

And the linens. Mmmm. Remind me if my Nana.

Cynthia March 19, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Hoping to post tomorrow. Sigh…

What on Earth will we do when you’re in labor, Hallie? (Besides pray, of course!) Will someone else take over the link-up?
Cynthia recently posted..Tar Pit TendenciesMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Sweet Jen Fulwiler has agreed to keep us in business should I be…otherwise engaged. ;)

Liz March 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Oh, so much eye candy!!!
I was just in World Market on Saturday (buying Easter treats for the kids with my hubby) and I saw a few chairs that were fabulous! I wish I had seen this one!
And that baby gate…someone is super ingenious. It wouldn’t work with our current stairs but perhaps in a future house.
Thanks!
Liz recently posted..Five Favorites (Vol. 3)My Profile

Rachael March 19, 2013 at 9:01 pm

That chair is too gorgeous!
Rachael recently posted..WIWSt. Patrick’s DayMy Profile

Andrea March 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm

First, know you are in my prayers. I’m excited to hear about your labor & delivery! It seems like I was just there a few weeks ago and my babe is 16 weeks.
I really like that little cake stand idea.. however mine wouldn’t look pretty like that! Ha.
The baby gate is so awesome.. I’m thinking I need that in my basement!

Thanks for the link up. Fun.
Andrea recently posted..The Joovy Roo Frame StrollerMy Profile

Andrea March 19, 2013 at 10:45 pm

World Market is SUCH a fun store! Their furniture is beautiful, and really, more importantly, their wine selection is fabulous! ;-)
Hope you’re feeling great Hallie. I can’t wait to see pictures of your little Charlie!
Andrea recently posted..My Five Favorites This WeekMy Profile

Rebekah Es March 20, 2013 at 6:13 am

LOVE!!! that cake stand set up. That’s one of those “why didn’t I think of that” moments. I have been trying forever to think of a chic way to handle the dish mess. Now to find the right cake stand…

Lauren March 20, 2013 at 7:21 am

I love the idea of using the cake stand by the sink, so cute! And World Market does awesome furniture, love all of the bright colors!

Martha March 20, 2013 at 8:44 am

I just had my bedroom painted the same shade of blue as that chair. It’s so divine, I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a color more! If you can’t afford furniture, a can of paint is always a great panacea!

Britt March 20, 2013 at 8:48 am

Oh my gosh, I need one of those baby gates! How beautiful!

Jennifer March 20, 2013 at 10:49 am

I was going to “favorite” your favorite numbers 4 and 5, but then I thought, I really love the other favorites, too! I think the cleaning cake stand speaks to me because of my great propensity for laziness and I need all the inspiration I can get. And the baby gate idea is awesome because we currently have 4 gates in various places. They can be such an eye sore!

Sarah March 20, 2013 at 11:38 am

That chair is absolutely swoon worthy! And linens are my one weakness as far as household purchases go, and those pillowcases make me want to nap!
My OB made the mistake of telling me at my 32 wk checkup Monday that he “thinks I’ll go about 2 weeks early, as usual, and he thinks the baby is a girl”. You don’t make such lovely suggestions to a pregnant lady and not expect her to treat them as the ten commandments – carved in stone!!

Blair March 20, 2013 at 11:49 am

Finally joining your link-up today! I love all your favorites this week! That chair is AWESOME (love the color!), the canvases and pillowcases are super-cute, I adore the little cake stand thing, and the stair gate looks fab. I want all of these!!!

Can’t wait to see a little baby boy in one of your favorites soon! Praying for you as you prepare to meet him!
Blair recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Jamie March 20, 2013 at 12:32 pm

These are FABULOUS. In love with the cake stand!!!
Jamie recently posted..Five Favorites – The EASTER EDITIONMy Profile

Jenna@CallHerHappy March 20, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Gah. I keep missing the boat on this. At least I love reading them!

And, for the record, I promptly went out and bought Mr. Teal’s after you posted about it and the bag is almost gone. I love it so much I wish I could eat it.

uh oh. Do I have pica?
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..Our House UnseenMy Profile

Heather Gaither March 20, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Hallie, that little cake stand is my FAVORITE! What a great idea for a little height in the kitchen! Now I’ve got the itch to peruse some flea markets. Thanks!
Heather Gaither recently posted..The Muppets Solve Your Breastfeeding ProblemsMy Profile

priest's wife (@byzcathwife) March 20, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I love the idea of using a stand for the sink things…easy to wipe down the counter
priest’s wife (@byzcathwife) recently posted..Five Favorites….for nowMy Profile

Lisa March 20, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Love them all, Hallie! Esp. those gorgeous linens. The colors are so vibrant.
Lisa recently posted..Five Favorites {vol.3}My Profile

Lena March 20, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I love that baby gate.

Prayers for you and your lil’ one while you enter the homestretch.

Maia March 20, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I drool over the beautiful baby gate for the day when (maybe?) we have a baby and stairs at the same time!

Deme March 20, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Cake stand for the cleaning supplies – totally charming! Thanks for hosting!
Deme recently posted..First Five FavoritesMy Profile

Therese March 20, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Love the list!!! Now to come up with 5 of my own! :D
Therese recently posted..Wordless Wednesday-A girl and her castleMy Profile

Carolyn @ 4life4life March 20, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Cake Stand set-up! BINGO. gotta do it.
Carolyn @ 4life4life recently posted..5 Favorites linkup #2My Profile

Amy Caroline March 25, 2013 at 8:35 am

Oh that chair is YUMMY!
Amy Caroline recently posted..Mercy FlightsMy Profile

Katie @NFP and Me March 25, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love mismatched patterns but do not trust myself to know what “goes” and what clashes. My artsy sister though is a genius at it though and does it all the time. (She got all the art genes.)

I’ve seen that cakestand on pinterest so many times and I think the same thing. Surely if my little ladybug pot scrubber and dawn dishsoap sat on top of a cakestand I would never have a sink full of dirty dishes again, right?

That baby gate! I just bought a gross plastic one for the dogs and I’m kicking myself now. Plus that looks way sturdier. (The plastic one has already been knocked down twice by my big 70lb dog and his 60lb foster friend!)
Katie @NFP and Me recently posted..DIY Spring Wreath (Tutorial?)My Profile