So, to give credit where credit is due…
My sweet as pie husband didn’t say a word when I bought a new set of nectar-scented candles for the upcoming home birth.
He didn’t bat an eye when I spent hours one evening downloading music for my Music to Birth By playlist.
And he didn’t even question the purchase of my gorgeous new labor nightgown.
He did none of these things even though he knows well that:
- I can’t stand having scented and/or flickering things around me while in labor.
- That anyone who dares to even whisper (much less plays music!) while I’m contracting will be severely punished.
- And that all sense of modesty flies out window once transition hits so my new labor and delivery outfit probably won’t get the play I imagine it will.
It’s true. I know, and he knows, that all this extra prep is probably unnecessary but I also know, and he also knows, that if I don’t do it (because what if?!?) I’ll be a mess for the next three weeks. (‘Cause as it is, I am completely chill.)
But anyway, apparently I crossed the line when I pulled out my brand spankin’ new essential oils the other night.
Which is just crazy. Who doesn’t need a fine set of essential oils to see them through to delivery?
Lavender for calming?
Peppermint for energy?
Clary Sage for stronger contractions?
Dan’s response? (And I paraphrase…)
“Really, sweetie? This sounds like a good idea to you?
- Here, honey, you seem a little uptight, sniff this lavender!
- Also, you’re not really bringing forth the energy I’d hoped to see from you, try this peppermint!
- And gosh. Those contractions just aren’t quite strong enough. Here! This Clary Sage will fix you right up!
Never going to happen.”
We’ll just see about that. ;)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Happy Sunday, girls!