A Moment of Silence, Please

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on June 28, 2013

…for our beloved Google Reader who will be leaving us in three short days.

Farewell, sweet friend. I’m so sorry your mean parents are making you go away.

I’m pretty sure I’m supposed to write a post telling you how you can subscribe to Moxie Wife via a new reader (I’m kinda digging Feedly these days). I feel fairly confident, though, that by now every single one of you has already heard about the sadness that is the demise of Google Reader and have taken the proper steps to prepare for the upcoming blue day as you see fit.

So I won’t.

What I am going to share with you is that for some reason my little freebie downloads that currently appear on the bottom of my updates on Google Reader don’t show up on Feedly (not sure about the other readers). They also aren’t available for email subscribers (sorry – just not that clever).

You can find them and grab them at the bottom of the updates here, though! Feel free to grab one or three (or even two!).

If you’d like a few more details on my e-Booklets, just click through the links below:

Oh, and for those of you who are new and are wondering who this Betty person is that keeps showing up in strange places (like the eBooklets), just consider her evidence of the identity crisis that I go through every few years. ;)

Have a lovely weekend, cutie pies!

Andrea June 28, 2013 at 10:47 am

Sigh.
I’ve been in denial. I had better go do something about my reader before the sad day…

Cynthia June 28, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Oh my goodness! I need to do (or say?) something too! I’m such a procrastinator… In fact, I’m not even sure what to do. I think I’ll just go drink some iced coffee and call it a day. But moment of silence, yes.

Ok, this was a train of thought I probably didn’t need to type ;) Thanks for reminding me though!
Cynthia recently posted..7 Quick Take FridayMy Profile

Martha June 28, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Haha! so funny! I knew it was disappearing and so I downloaded all your ebooks preemptively yesterday…! :)

Jeanne G. June 28, 2013 at 12:40 pm

The e-books do show up (so far) in The Old Reader. I don’t know if the end of Google Reader will affect it, though :P
Jeanne G. recently posted..Seven Quick TakesMy Profile

Lisa June 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Three days? Try zero. Mine is already gone for whatever reason. Sigh…

Heather June 29, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Hi Hallie! I get your posts via email and all of your booklets are at the bottom of the posts. Thank you!
Heather recently posted..Lilla Rose – June and JulyMy Profile

Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose July 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Is there perhaps something wrong with your RSS feed? I was receiving your posts via Feedly, but they haven’t been coming through lately even though I deleted and re-added your site. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? Other blogs are coming through fine on Feedly, by the way.
Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose recently posted..WIWS (Vol. 1): Austin’s BaptismMy Profile

Anna July 16, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I am playing blog-catch-up. I use netvibes now that Reader is dead, and your downloads show up at the bottom. A little blurry, like the pixels aren’t quite enough, but the links appear to work.