by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on June 11, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

I just cannot get enough of this song. Many thanks to Grace and her very fine Playlist the First (from which I also developed my Little Talks obsession).

Charlie’s Baptismal Rosary

photo (29)

Hand-crafted by the kind-hearted and talented Ruth Tucker of Loreto Rosaries. Thank you so much for this incredibly special gift, Ruth!

Dan’s interview with Peter Herbeck on The Choices We Face

Dan was invited to appear on The Choices We Face to discuss his reversion and book, Choosing Joy. Good stuff. Peter Herbeck is a fantastic interviewer and you all already know how I feel about the interviewee. ;)

Charlie’s Personalized Blanket from Personal Creations

photo (30)

Sarah from Personal Creations was sweet enough to send this cable knit blanket to Charlie. Though I admit that I’m a sucker for personalized baby blankets (all of my kids have had one), this one was especially great. The cable knit is thick enough to keep him warm, soft enough to keep him cozy, and stretchy enough to make the perfect swaddle. Highly, highly recommend.

Anna’s Charleston Getaway Recap

AnnaIHOD

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I had the good fortune of meeting Anna and her husband, Gabe this past weekend. Today she posted a recap of their trip to Charleston. Her photographs are so charming that I think I just fell even more deeply in love with this sweet city of mine.

Or you could just click through to see a 37+ week pregnant woman looking graceful on a bike. She’s something else, that Anna “Mermaid” Liesemeyer.

Favorite away, cutie pies!

i

Stefanie @ A Dreamer's Wife June 11, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I want to go to Charleston again so bad! It has been like 20 years! Maybe my husband and I can go in two years for our 10th wedding anniversary!! (P.S. I may be blind, but I don’t think the “add your link” thing is showing up!)
Stefanie @ A Dreamer’s Wife recently posted..5 FREE Father’s Day Printables!My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife June 11, 2013 at 10:10 pm

No, you’re right! I think it’s an InLinkz thing. I can’t even get into my dashboard right now. I’ll keep working on it, though! Thanks for letting me know, Stefanie!

Stefanie @ A Dreamer's Wife June 11, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Thanks!

Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life June 11, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Home is one of my favorite songs of the moment! And I love anything Of Monsters and Men. Hallie, we must be music taste twins!
Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life recently posted..30 Things to Do in 30 Minutes {With Your Spouse}My Profile

Maia June 12, 2013 at 1:06 am

I’m awake, nursing, in the middle of the night, but I’ve got a reminder to myself (memory is so dismal these days) to watch the interview. And the music clip. Mañana. Love the personalized blanket and wish I had an excuse to NEED another baby blanket!
Maia recently posted..A post from the pastMy Profile

Lisa June 12, 2013 at 6:27 am

Love the blanket, and that is such a beautiful rosary! Anna’s post def. makes me want to visit Charleston. :)

Tricia June 12, 2013 at 7:11 am

I’m also loving my baby’s new monogrammed baby blanket! Charlie’s is so sweet, too!

Kat Crow June 12, 2013 at 7:36 am

Hi Hallie! I am new to your blog. Your hubby’s book sounds great, I am going to put it on my summer reading list as well as your book. Some of the members in my book club recommended your book at the last meeting so I look forward to reading it. God bless you!

Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries June 12, 2013 at 8:16 am

That rosary is beautiful, and I love the added personal touch that it was specially made for Charlie. The knob hanger is gorgeous as well!

The interview with Dan was the one I mentioned earlier, where my husband thought I was nuts. I couldn’t figure out why I “knew” Dan, and then exclaimed “that’s Hallie’s husband!” Yes, he thought I was crazy. It’s a regular occurrence, so I’m used to it. :)

Hope you are all feeling better!
Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..Five Faves: Under Attack (aka: More On That Later)My Profile

Grace June 12, 2013 at 9:48 am

So surprised to see E. Sharpe and the Mag. Zeros referenced here. My awesome sister who lives in Atlanta introduced me to the song, “Home” as we were driving from ATL to TX to accompany our father in his last days. She, my brother, and I were all driving to our childhood home because our dad decided to discontinue dialysis. He was on hospice for a week and died exactly one week after we got there. So that song means A LOT to me right now. I just downloaded the song a few days ago and shared it with my husband who loves it. What an eclectic group! So happy to hear you like it, too.:)

Susan June 12, 2013 at 9:56 am

New music + New (great) book to read = sweetness.
Beautiful rosary and blanket….love little baby treasures!
Susan recently posted..On Our Anniversary ~ Diamond SeekersMy Profile

Cate June 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Oh, I’m going to get in so much trouble on the Loreto Rosaries site! Clicked the link and the first thing I noticed was the vintage charm bracelet– Love!
Cate recently posted..Five Favorites: Vol. 10My Profile

Nichole June 12, 2013 at 12:44 pm

How have I not come across that song before? Love it!
Nichole recently posted..How we’re surviving our apartment (5 Favs)My Profile

Meghan June 12, 2013 at 1:12 pm

what a great blanket! we got one of those for our baby girl and i think i’ll keep it forever, no matter how ratty it gets over the years! such a wonderful keepsake.

Jennie June 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm

“Home” is my new favorite song too! And I love your son’s Baptismal Rosary. How sweet.

Kris June 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm

So funny – my husband and I actually know Anna! I didn’t connect it until I saw this today. We used to play on a co-ed flag football team with her in Atlanta years ago. Lost touch, but now I can follow her blog thanks to you!