by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on June 18, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Kate and Jacob’s Love Story

How cute are they?

There are few things I love more than a good love story and Kate and Jacob’s just became one of my all-time favorites. Were there any justice in the world, a publishing house would deposit a truck full of cash into her front yard and demand that she go all Pioneer Woman on their story. Clickety, clickety, click, girls. It will make your week.

Canvas 4 Life

I and Love and Him

As soon as I glanced at the photo above on my phone I knew that I wanted to enlarge and display it – partially because I just like the picture and we didn’t have any photos of the two of us in our home, but mainly because it captured a special moment in time that I wanted to remember.

I’ve always loved canvas prints so I did the Google thing and discovered that Canvas 4 Life has over 400 rave reviews. I now understand why. Their prices are fantastic, the ordering process couldn’t be simpler (and allows you to do some light editing if you so desire), and the turn-around time was crazy quick. I highly recommend them if you’re looking to canvas-ize one of your pictures. I couldn’t be happier with how ours turned out.

Zebra Retractable Ballpoint Pen

zebra

No finer pen in all the land.

The moment my midwife (with baby #4) handed me this pen to fill out the birth certificate paperwork I knew I’d never have eyes for another pen. Best pen ever. I reject in advance any and all assertions that there might be a finer pen in the land.

The Beach

photo (31)

Charlie with the hook-up.

My mom came to visit this week and is staying in a condo on the beach. We’ve spent every day traipsing back and forth between the pool, the beach, local restaurants, and her air-conditioned room. It’s been absolutely heavenly. Should I ever find myself in possession of a great amount of wealth (hahaha) my first splurge will most certainly be a little place on the seashore.

Beach Sprays (for all hair types)

If this stuff puts waves in my stick straight hair I’m starting up a cause for its canonization.

Speaking of the beach, this guide to beach sprays is a treasure for any of you who, like me, covet beachy waves in your hair. Many thanks to Kayla of Freckles in April for sharing! I’ve heard great things about Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray so I think I’ll start there.

Kick it favorite-style, girls.

i

Stefanie @ A Dreamer's Wife June 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I just have to say that I love that photo of you and your husband – it’s so sweet! I’m glad that you put it on canvas!
Stefanie @ A Dreamer’s Wife recently posted..Five Favorites (vol. 10)My Profile

Nichole June 19, 2013 at 12:19 am

Oh my goodness, Jacob and Kate’s love story is classic! My husband was buddies and roommates with Jacob at UD, and now I wish I would have known Kate, too. She seems like a lovely person. Thanks for sending me over to her blog! I’ll have to add it to my list. :)
Nichole recently posted..A favority fiveMy Profile

Hevel June 19, 2013 at 3:41 am

To commemorate the 70th anniversary of the patenting of the ballpoint pen (by a Hungarian Jew in Argentina), I was tinking of writing a post on those pens. I’m a bit late, but when I do, I’ll have to include the Zebra.
Hevel recently posted..Five Favourites – Kindle Accessories EditionMy Profile

Katie June 19, 2013 at 7:19 am

I hear you about the beach – it is definitely the first thing I invest in when I have a little bit of money! Maybe I can get a love story like Kate & Jacob’s and wait for the money truck – that’ll help it happen!
Katie recently posted..Five Favorites (June 19th)My Profile

Angie June 19, 2013 at 7:21 am

Hailey have you seen the Jessica Rey video on the bikini and her new swimsuit line? I immediately thought of you and that you would enjoy it! The link is for her web page I couldn’t find the video link that I’d first seen on Facebook.
Angie recently posted..The Boy with the Loaves and FishesMy Profile

Maia June 19, 2013 at 8:30 am

Ever since I saw Kayla’s post I have been googling “beachy hair tutorials”. :) I am wondering if I can pick TWO products since I have frizzy hair AAAND I’m lazy!
Maia recently posted..On the road again…My Profile

Britt June 19, 2013 at 8:38 am

That picture of Charlie is adorable!! And, the canvas…love it :)
Britt recently posted..Five Favorites…My Profile

Jamie June 19, 2013 at 8:56 am

Cute couple!! Cute baby!! (Emeric might be blatantly ripping off Charlie’s style for the rest of the summer…) And thanks a lot for ruining my morning productivity – spent all my time reading fabulous love stories!!! ;)
Jamie recently posted..Five Favorites – The “No, seriously. I’m not dead.” EditionMy Profile

Olivia June 19, 2013 at 9:31 am

1. I have been drooling over their love story! It’s so precious.
2. Thank you for the great canvas recommendation! I’m getting ready to order prints and canvases of our wedding pictures and have been struggling to find a quality and price that I’m happy with. You save the day! :)
Olivia recently posted..Tea Time!My Profile

Kate June 19, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Eeek! Thanks for the shout out!

And I will second your pen favorite. I LOVE handwriting things and whenever one of those pens crosses my path I feel like I’ve won the lottery.

Now off to get some beach waves for my hopelessly straight hair!
Kate recently posted..Big Boy Bed and Belly PicsMy Profile

Laura June 19, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Love that picture of you and your husband! Thanks for sharing where you ordered it. And thanks as always for hosting this fun link up!
Laura recently posted..Five Favorite Blog PostsMy Profile

tacy June 19, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Love the photo of the two of you!
God bless.

Sarah Joseph (@sarahejoseph) June 19, 2013 at 9:03 pm

ohhhhh the zebra pens. My husband’s roommate in Oxford used those. He was a gentle giant, but when I tried to borrow one I was given a firm NO.
Sarah Joseph (@sarahejoseph) recently posted..Why You Can’t Go Back, and Why I Don’t Want ToMy Profile

Renee Poudrier June 20, 2013 at 11:15 pm

And she knows the Avett Brothers! Hooray! My son and his wife chose “January Wedding” for their January wedding in 2010.

Francine June 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm

And when you have your seashore home, I’m going to impose and come hang out with you. I’ll bring some drinks! :) Let us know how you like the sea spray!