by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on August 27, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

You!

4355355_thumbnail

Cutie pies – I love you! You have the best stories! Thank you so much for indulging my curiosity. And for filling my Reader up full to bursting with so many fabulous new blogs! You’re peaches, every last one of you.

(Oh, and I fished out ten or so comments from my Spam filter so if you don’t see yours please let me know!)

37 Truths that will Change Your Life by Alli Worthington

“Sex makes life better.

Most men are really, really happy in marriage, are respectful, loving, and will treat their spouses like royalty if they feel respected and have sex regularly. It really is that simple. There will be times your marriage is rocky, don’t be surprised when the honeymoon phase is over and the stress of daily life takes a toll. It doesn’t mean your marriage is bad, it means you are both humans…”

If we’re friends on Twitter or you ‘like’ the Moxie Wife page on Facebook you may have already seen this because I was throwing all my link love at it yesterday. It was definitely a favorite this week, though, so I couldn’t very well deny it a spot on my Five Favorites list.

And if you haven’t yet read it, stop everything and go read it. It’s a fantastic piece. Especially the section on relationships.

Scribble and Jot Notebooks

img_4742

I’ve never been  a journaler but that may need to change. I just love these Scribble and Jot notebooks. They make me feel like I’m more artistically-inclined than I am and for that I will be forever grateful.

Oh, and if you’re a lover of blogs, like I am, be sure to visit the Scribble and Jot blog!

Blogger asks, “Am I faker?”

“You worry about the fact that you’re faking it. In one sense, we’re all faking it. We’re all making it up as we go along. But there is one thing you have that is yours and yours alone: your voice. Your story…”

Read the rest here. It’s excellent. And good news for all you bloggers out there. (Wink, wink.)

Marc by Marc Jacobs Star Stud Earrings

Marc by Marc Jacobs Star Stud Earrings

Want, want, want, want, want. (Possibly need, need, need, need, need.)

Go forth and favorite, my sweet friends!

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy August 27, 2013 at 9:54 pm

This is the FIRST time I have ever played along and I need a blue ribbon or something. :) Also, I LOVE that you included those star earrings I’ve been swooning over ever since I saw your pin earlier this week.
Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy recently posted..What neon lycra and chapped nipples taught me about denying it gets hard sometimesMy Profile

Katrina August 27, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Adorable earrings! I want to read all of your comments from your last post. And I think I just might start now :)
Katrina recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

crafty P August 28, 2013 at 12:01 am

love the notebooks. looking forward to visiting the other links you have! blessings!
crafty P recently posted..{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}My Profile

GeekLady August 28, 2013 at 12:35 am

I do love the earrings. I love best that they’re small. It’s so hard to find small, cute ones.

Sex does indeed make life better. Short term AND long term.
GeekLady recently posted..Five Favorites – Birthday EditionMy Profile

Anna @ IHOD August 28, 2013 at 9:53 am

The earrings…love. I only wear studs these days…going back to simpler times;)
Can’t wait to check out that read rec. You have the best links!
Anna @ IHOD recently posted..Comment on Local Notes: Yarn bombed Museum of Art by ShaiMy Profile

Casey August 28, 2013 at 11:17 am

I love those notebooks! So pretty. Writing is always more exciting when you have a lovely little book to write in, isn’t it?

The 37 Truths link was interesting, thanks for sharing it. The one you shared was really good. I didn’t agree with all of her friendship advice, though, especially the one where she says to only focus on the friendships that build you up (Truth #36). It doesn’t seem very Christian to refuse to be friends with the people in life that are difficult to get along with. (Full disclosure: I say this as one of those difficult to get along with people. ;-) )
Casey recently posted..I’m Not Angry, Dagnabbit!!My Profile

Jenna@CallHerHappy August 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I say you NEED those. Otherwise your ears will be bored and start eavesdropping…and that is a sin.
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..What living in an old house has taught me about privilege.My Profile

Dana August 28, 2013 at 10:39 pm

thanks for including my notebooks, I’m s0 flattered!
Dana recently posted..7 quick takesMy Profile