by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on October 8, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Bridal Lingerie Parties

il_570xN.335179981

I asked my friends on Facebook to help me word something on the invitations I’m sending out for a lingerie bridal shower that I’m co-hosting. I mentioned that I wanted it to be phrased in a “classy” way and one friend responded by saying that she’d never heard of a “classy” lingerie party.

What?!?

I just love the idea of my sweet friend starting her marriage with a few tasteful, beautiful bedroom wardrobe pieces. It’s such a romantic season of life and so many new brides can’t afford fine lingerie. I’d hate to think that lingerie parties have fallen out of fashion because they’ve gotten a reputation for being raunchy because they certainly don’t have to be.

Anyway, I’m planning a classy lingerie shower and am having a ball. I can’t wait to share pictures with you!

The Business Nine Women Kept a Secret for Three Decades

“Somewhere in West Tennessee, not far from Graceland, nine women — or “The 9 Nanas,” as they prefer to be called — gather in the darkness of night. At 4am they begin their daily routine — a ritual that no one, not even their husbands, knew about for 30 years. They have one mission and one mission only: to create happiness. And it all begins with baked goods…”

Oh my heart. This is one of the most heartwarming stories I’ve ever read. Grab your tissues before you read, sweet peas!

Kidsme Food Feeder

kidsme

Charlie loves this. I love this. The angels and saints in Heaven love this. God, too, probably, but I don’t suppose I should speak for Him, I guess.

In all seriousness, though – if you have a little one you need one of these. Every time a baby feeds himself an angel gets his wings, after all, and we wouldn’t want to be responsible for a wingless angel, now would we?

Enjoy your 30 seconds of newfound freedom, Mamas!

Small Steps for Catholic  Moms

small steps

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I’m all about doing “big love and infinitesimally small goals” these days which makes Small Steps for Catholic Moms the perfect book for me. I’m just so happy that it’s back in print.

Each new day offers a short quote from a saint, a prayer composed by the two authors, and a small call to action. Honestly, there are some days when I never make it all the way to the call to action, but a day doesn’t pass when this book doesn’t turn my thoughts to heavenly things and infuse me with peace. Thank you, Danielle and Elizabeth! Your book is such a gift.

Trader Joe’s (Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar) Dark Chocolate Almonds

choc

I have spent the last twenty or so years searching for the ideal chocolate almond. (It hasn’t been easy but someone had to do it.) Today I’m tickled pink to announce that I have finally found perfection in chocolate almond form and am calling off the search. I can’t even tell you how delicious these are. If you are a lover of chocolate almonds, get thee to Trader Joe’s! Stat.

Kisses!

Kelsey October 8, 2013 at 11:47 pm

What is that food contraption, and where has it been all my life? I feel like my older kids have been cheated…but this little baby of mine is in for a treat!!
Kelsey recently posted..Halloween BrainstormingMy Profile

Sarah Doll October 9, 2013 at 12:19 am

Oh my goodness, those chocolate almonds are to die for! A friend brought them over after I had my baby and man oooh man, a slice of heaven if there ever was one! That feeder looks awesome as well, I just added it to my amazon wish list!

Classy and comfy lingerie is so nice to have, and you are right about new brides not being able to afford it. I would never have bought much for myself but it’s so nice to own a few beautiful pieces. :) Have a blessed Wednesday!
Sarah Doll recently posted..Five Favorites: In which I show off my Bambinos . . .My Profile

Hevel October 9, 2013 at 5:32 am

Hm, it’s so much easier for LDS brides when it comes to lingerie. They get to wear the super attractive Temple garments. :) Only half kidding about that.

#3. We have something similar for Judy. Also for my niece who at four years of age is just learning to chew after spending her first 3 and a half years in a Russian orphanage.
Hevel recently posted..31 Days in the Jewish Quarter Day 8 – Hear, O Israel (repost)My Profile

Katrina October 9, 2013 at 7:23 am

Definitely just cried reading that story! And those almonds? Why don’t we have a Traders Joe’s around here?
Katrina recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Melody October 9, 2013 at 9:03 am

That lingerie party is such a sweet idea… I can’t wait to hear all about it (and steal some ideas)! The other links are lovely as well but not I can’t stop thinking about those almonds!
Melody recently posted..Five Favorite Links This WeekMy Profile

Rachel October 9, 2013 at 9:25 am

I love the lingerie party! I can’t wait to see what you do :-) I agree that they can be classy and it’s so sad that they’ve moved so far away from that.

Andrea @ Setting Down Roots October 9, 2013 at 9:38 am

Oh man, those almonds look amazing.
Andrea @ Setting Down Roots recently posted..Five Favorites: Vol. 4My Profile

Erika Marie @ Simplemama October 9, 2013 at 10:33 am

Thanks for hosting, I’m happy to participate again! I’ve been starring at the kid feeder thing for a while and I just can’t figure out exactly how it works??
Erika Marie @ Simplemama recently posted..Loaded Baked Potato Casserole {chicken or beef}My Profile

Casey October 9, 2013 at 10:54 am

I LOVED that story about The 9 Nanas! Those women have some seriously beautiful souls. They might have to be some of my new roles models.

There is a Trader Joe’s somewhere in our general area, but I’ve never had the motivation to find where it is and actually go there. Those almonds may very well change that.
Casey recently posted..A Story in Pictures: My Trip to the ERMy Profile

Alison October 9, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hallie, I love those dark chocolate and sea salt almonds too. Oh my goodness, pair it with a glass of cabernet and light a candle – instant date night :) Have you had their dark chocolate and sea salt caramels at Christmas yet? Stock up the first time you see them because they sell out the first week they are on the shelves and they are divine. I look forward to them all year.

Jenna@CallHerHappy October 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

I can’t wait to hear how you word the invites! And, isn’t that book awesome? I use it as my main devotional in the mornings now.
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..5 {least} FavoritesMy Profile

Nicole October 9, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I actually just attended a very classy lingerie bridal shower! On the invites, it said “A personal shower for…” And then listed her sizes, all without mentioning names of any unmentionables! It was so fun and nothing raunchy about it!

dweej October 9, 2013 at 2:53 pm

That KidsMe feeder is THE BEST. Love it so so so hard.
dweej recently posted..5 Tips for Stretching the Food BudgetMy Profile

Laura M October 9, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I can’t wait either to hear about how the lingere party went!

Karen October 13, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Had to buy those almonds after your review. So good!!

crafty P October 15, 2013 at 10:47 pm

as if I need a reason to RUN to trader joe’s… gosh I do love a good chocolate almond and I had no idea that THOSE existed.
And that baby food feeder thingamajig- in my cart and “saving for later” when I’ll need it. Because I will need it. And darn it I’m so happy it’s not that mesh thingy that was just gross.
great 5 faves
crafty P recently posted..One monthMy Profile

kidsme November 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Thank you for loving our kidsme Food Feeder.