by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on November 6, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

I Shall Not Want by Audrey Assad

I can’t even tell you how much I love this song. It’s been playing on repeat in my kitchen for days. Honestly, the entire Fortunate Fall album is fantastic (my favorite Audrey Assad album yet, in fact) but there’s just something about this song that stirs my soul.

The Tethered Crate

“The Tethered Crate offers its members monthly shipments of goods from respected contributors within the handmade community. Each crate will include 3-5 items, and every month will be different. For only $19.95 our members receive double that value in items like jewelry, headbands, prints, stationery, and other products. It’s a way to experience the latest and greatest from your favorite designers every month for a great price.”

Doesn’t that sounds amazing? A membership is definitely going on my Christmas wish list.

Jessica N. Designs

store6_large

I adore everything that Jessica Numbers makes but oh, how her sweet spoons bring out the covet in me.

The Good Wife

“For as long as I was married and even after My Love’s death, I felt that I wasn’t a very good wife. I am not sure why I developed this idea to begin with but I know that I always thought that I got the better end of the deal. My husband was so kind, encouraging, supportive, and generous to me, that I just felt I never measured up or gave him as much as he gave me. All of this is true, except that I was a good wife. I realized that the other day. Not only did I like being married, but I was good at being married. I was good at being a wife…”

I shared this on the Moxie Wife Facebook page but it’s been on my mind all week so I wanted to share it again here. I’ve followed Kimberlie’s writing for a long time — long before her husband’s sudden and tragic passing — and I’ve always loved the way that she weaves words together. Her latest blog, The Reluctant Widow, is devoted to wrestling with the reality of life without her beloved husband. It’s painful and inspiring and I savor each and every word. She challenges me to make the most of the time I’ve been given with Dan and for that I will forever be grateful.

Wedding Weekends!

CS050913_28002

It’s here! Sweet Valerie is getting married this Saturday! If you can spare a few seconds, please send up a prayer for her and Nathan. They are one of my very most favorite couples.

Take care, sweet peas!

Katrina November 6, 2013 at 12:21 am

That spoon is adorable. Have fun at the wedding!!
Katrina recently posted..Conor’s Birth Story, Part IMy Profile

Rachel November 6, 2013 at 4:12 am

I’m loving the membership idea…I need to stick that one on my list as well :-)
Rachel recently posted..Five Favorites Vol. 4My Profile

Britt November 6, 2013 at 10:05 am

Oh Hallie, that song. Your Number 1 has just changed my life. Sadly, I had never heard of her.

Sam November 6, 2013 at 10:51 am

I want everything in that spoon shop. What a find!

Erika Marie @ Simplemama November 6, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I’ve seen those spoons around and wondered where they came from, thanks for sharing! I talked about things I covet today also – fashion boots. Oh and that membership sounds fun! I’ll definitely check that out.
~ Erika Marie
Erika Marie @ Simplemama recently posted..Chicken Milanese {with Corn Flakes}My Profile

Tiffany November 6, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I LOVE THAT SONG TOO! Can’t get it out of my head. I may download that entire album, in fact. :) I heard her a few weeks ago on Catholic Vitamins, that’s how I found her!
Tiffany recently posted..Catholic Women’s Almanac {CWA No. 12}My Profile

Betsy November 6, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Hallie,
That song. I listened to it this morning and it was just what I needed. Thank you so much for sharing it! I’m adding her CD to my birthday/Christmas wish list.

Erika @ stethoscopes, style, & grace November 6, 2013 at 8:37 pm

That Audrey Assad song is just beautiful. I have her last album and love it…I might need to download this one.
Erika @ stethoscopes, style, & grace recently posted..An outfit + Five FavoritesMy Profile

Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries November 6, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Oh my sweet goodness! I love love love Audrey’s new album. My current favorite track is…wait, that’s right, I can’t pick. It is actually the perfect naptime soundtrack in our home – kids go right down, and I get work done. Win Win Win! :)
Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..Seeking Comfort in the Arms of a LoverMy Profile

Jenna@CallHerHappy November 7, 2013 at 12:19 am

Everything. 1-5. Beautiful!
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..When I am just a soul. My Final Wishes.My Profile

beth November 7, 2013 at 11:09 am

Oh my goodness! That song is perfect. Her voice is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

Gretchen November 7, 2013 at 11:12 am

Audrey’s on repeat over here, too. Cannot. Get. Enough.

TheReluctantWidow November 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I love you Hallie! One of these days I am going to meet you in person, for real, and give you the biggest hug for all the prayers, encouragement, and support you give me. I, for sure am praying for Valerie and Nathan this weekend. Such an exciting time in their lives.
TheReluctantWidow recently posted..The Good WifeMy Profile

Rita Rossini November 9, 2013 at 10:31 pm

How funny and random…my brother, JP went to USAFA with Nathan. He is at their wedding now! Blessings! rita