I always love creating a list of possible presents for husbands this time of year. Since I thought it would be a little silly to write two favorites-themed posts in one week, I cheated a little and decided to combine my latest brainstorming session with my Five Favorites post even though my list ended up with a count of 5 x 5 rather than just 5. You don’t mind too much, do you, cutie pies?
- A Classic Thermos - At first glance it doesn’t look terribly romantic or sound particularly exciting, I guess, but I love the idea of filling it with nourishing soup when Dan’s sick and invigorating coffee when he’s especially tired.
- JetBoil Zip Cooking System - My friend’s husband (who is an expert camper) raves about this thing.
- Zippo Pocket Lighter – More high-maintenance than a BIC, but so worth it.
- ENO Hammock - Lightweight, portable, and oh-so relaxing.
- Choosing Joy by Dan Lord - Pope Francis seems to think we should all be thinking a little more about joy and I happen to know a guy who wrote a fantastic (and platitude-free) book on the topic. Spiritual food for the man’s man.
- Innocence by Dean Koontz - Speaking of books, Dan is a huge Dean Koontz fan so he will definitely be receiving Koontz’s latest (which was just released today and is sure to be phenomenal).
- USB Cufflinks - How cool? SO cool.
- Spy Coin – You didn’t know you were married to James Bond, did you?
- L’Occitane’s After Shave Balm - Delicious! Dan loves this stuff and so do I.
- The Man Can - Chock full of natural shaving and skincare products.
- Beer Soap - A curious little stocking stuffer.
- Leather Toiletry Bag - I prefer to call them Dopp Kits but I’ll let it go (wink). This one looks quite fine, indeed.
- Elliot Travel Kit - Another awesome toiletry bag. This one’s made from recycled inner tubes!
- Navy Seal Survival Guide - I’ve heard that men go for this kind of stuff.
- Mr. Coffee Mug Warmer - Keeping his caffeine fix warm all the livelong day.
- Envelope X-Ray Spray - Creepy or cool? Maybe a little of both? Either way, fun!
- Mini Desktop Cannon - For those days when he just needs to blow something up.
- Granite Drink Chillers - I want these and I don’t even drink whiskey!
- Tenba Messenger Bag - I gave Dan one of these for his birthday and they’ve been inseparable ever since.
- Red Laser Pointer – I don’t know why these are such fun to play with, but they are. They really, really are.
- Kohler Moxie Showerhead and Wireless Speaker - A showerhead that is also a speaker? How fun is that?
- Pokket Mixer - So he can keep his inner DJ tucked inside his pocket at all times.
- Incipio Stowaway Credit Card Case for the iPhone - For the man who craves simplicity.
- Audio Technica Turntable with USB - This turntable will allow your guy to make digital files of all his favorite records.
- Seiko Green Canvas Strap Watch - I just love this watch. Dan would definitely be receiving this for Christmas if he wasn’t already all set in the watch department.
(If you’d like even more ideas, last year’s list is right over here!)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥