by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on January 7, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Kimberly Says “Yes”

Sorry for spoiling the surprise, but don’t worry, knowing the ending in advance doesn’t take a thing away from this unspeakably sweet behind-the-scenes look at Kimberly and Rob’s engagement story. They are the cutest.

Monirose

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 5.53.38 PM

If I were a bride-to-be I’d fly to Wisconsin and beg the insanely talented Monica Freng to create a custom wedding dress just for me. If you’re headed to the altar and in WI (or feel like taking a little road trip) you simply must check out her beautiful designs.

I had the pleasure of spending time with Monica at the Behold Conference and I only wish I had an excuse to share even more moments with her. I have a feeling she makes a new friend with every woman she adorns. She is an absolute treasure.

(Oh oh oh! If you head over to her site be sure to click on the pictures within her portfolio. Monica has written up brief stories about each bride and her dress. I savored every word.)

Fitbit

fitbit-unveils-a-smaller-pedometer-plus-a-new-item-called-zip-865979699c

I have yet to meet a Fitbit owner who doesn’t rave about her activity/sleep tracker. My new years resolutions and I are coveting hard, girls.

Argyle Tights

b4a189ddb637c74e3162803c436def80

I need more of them in my life. Lots more. Don’t they look cozy?

Indian Healing Clay

51Uq0bgMbtL._SY300_

Girls, this stuff is insane. Insanely effective and insanely inexpensive. Over a thousand positive Amazon reviews and deserving of even more, as far as I’m concerned. I lurve it.

Love and buttons!

Jenna@CallHerHappy January 8, 2014 at 12:25 am

Ah! I want a Fitbit so much so.

Also, please tell me more about this healing clay. Interested. Very interested.
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..5 Favorite Indoor ActivitiesMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife January 8, 2014 at 12:32 am

I kept seeing people rave about it on Instagram so I snatched it up when I spotted it at Whole Foods last week. Katie of Wellness Mama explains the hows, whys, and whats far better than I can right over here:

All I know is that my skin is all a-glow. ;)

Colleen Martin January 8, 2014 at 9:06 am

I just told my husband recently that I wanted a Fitbit for my birthday (next month) but I think I want the bracelet version because a clip would drive me nuts!! It would be fun to give birth and see what the Fitbit says about my activity level during labor!!
Colleen Martin recently posted..That’s What He SaidMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife January 8, 2014 at 9:36 am

I kind of want the bracelet, too, but a lot of the reviews I’ve read indicated that it’s not as reliable so I’m torn. Let me know what you think if you get it!

The wearing-it-during-birth idea is brilliant! I would love to see that data.

Micaela @ California to Korea January 10, 2014 at 10:51 pm

I asked for one for my birthday, too! 2 weeks away and I’ve got my fingers crossed. I asked for the FitBit Next which is the wristband version. I did read it was less reliable than the clip-on, but still reliable enough to make it worth it. I would definitely throw it in the laundry if I kept it in my pocket, so I’m hoping the band is better. Also, there are cute colors that you can swap around! I’ll give it a try (if I get it) and post my results in a FF post in the coming weeks/months.

Oh, and that Indian Clay looks awesome. I just switched back to the oil cleansing method, which I adore, but this looks like a great complement to use weekly or bi-weekly.
Micaela @ California to Korea recently posted..THE Book for GirlsMy Profile

Erika Marie @ Simplemama January 8, 2014 at 10:49 am

I discovered that clay a while ago too and really loved it. I used to have very severe acne and this really helped. It’s also good for mosquito bites and other things you want to extract from the skin. Thanks for reminding me about this!
Erika Marie @ Simplemama recently posted..5 Favorite Space PicturesMy Profile

Monica January 8, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Ok, first of all – you are TOO good to me! Thank you for your recommendation in your Five Faves!!

Also, I’m going to check out this healing clay! I am already on the coconut oil bandwagon :)
The clay sounds similar to something my mom used all the time when we were kids (we called it purple peanut butter) it had the clay’s texture but had this awful eucalyptus smell, that i kind of love now, and it was used for bites, swellings, congestion, etc.

Emily January 8, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I am obsessed with my Fitbit! My husband bought me one for Christmas and it is just fantastic and such a good motivator!
Emily recently posted..On the Necessity of EarringsMy Profile

Mary January 8, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Thanks for the clay tip! That looks great! I know people use that for homemade toothpaste, too, and I always balked at buying it just for that…but now that I know it can be used for all sorts of things, I’m adding it to my wish list. P.S. I was thinking about you with one of my favorites. I think you’d absolutely love this couple and their album!

Annery @ home January 9, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Such great favorites. So intrigued by the clay. If you’re going to Behold this year, I’ll see you there :)
Annery @ home recently posted..{Theme Thursday} Bear/BareMy Profile

Andrea January 10, 2014 at 11:35 am

Thank you for the link up.

I too really want a FitBit… my sister raves about hers. :)
Love the tights.

Julia January 12, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Must learn more about this fitbit business! It has me very intrigued! :) And keep us posted on what the healing clay does, pretty please? My skin has gone haywire this past year, I am trying to avoid the chemical route at all costs and seeking natural alternatives to skin health. Thanks for being the silver lining of my cloud today! :)
Julia recently posted..Resolutions 2014 – Not tearing down the old, but building the newMy Profile