by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on January 22, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Wake Me Up by Avicii

At least a hundred listens in and I’m still not sick of this song. Don’t you just love Aloe Blacc’s voice?

Chie Mihara Shoes

Chie Mihara shoes

Swoonalicious Chie Mihara. Easily my most favorite of all my shoe eye candy.

Babies and Bonding

“I love how deeply I depend upon him to come walking through the door at night to rescue me from the scrabbling, sticky paws of tiny monsters who can’t stop touching me for two seconds and who absolutely won’t sit still for a perfectly lovely episode of “House Hunters” at 4:30 pm because mama’s trick bag is not only empty, but there’s a gaping hole in the bottom, but who will beg mercilessly for Curious George the whole time I’m trying patiently to explain the superiority of coffered ceilings and crown moldings. I mean really.

Then comes prince charming, zooming up the street in his noble Toyota Camery and suddenly I am rescued, I am not alone, I am not doing this by myself…and even though I look like a lukewarm mess and 100% of my outfit involves some percentage of spandex, I know he’ll come through the door, kiss me, take a baby off my hands and tell me to go pour myself a glass of wine. Or water, as Genevieve would have it.”

Oh, Jenny Uebbing. You do me right.

Beyond Snapshots

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 8.31.55 PM

I spotted this book on Babble a while ago but only recently got a chance to read it. It is really, really well done.

Sherlock

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 8.40.50 PM

Sherlock and that sweet husband of mine (both definitely favorites) are calling my name so I’ll bid you all adieu until next time!

Take care, cutie pies!

Aya January 22, 2014 at 12:14 am

Hallie, of all the lovely and profound things you’ve written over the past year or so, I feel compelled to comment on this post- I LOVE THE LAST TWO SONGS YOU POSTED!!! LOL :) Thanks for everything you write!

Rachel @ Efficient Momma January 22, 2014 at 12:37 am

Babies and Bonding…how true that is! Also, LOVE that song. My toddler and I dance to it almost every day :-)
Rachel @ Efficient Momma recently posted..“The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Living Guide” Book Review and GiveawayMy Profile

Bonnie January 22, 2014 at 1:09 am

I’m actually really tired of hearing “Wake Me Up”, thank you very much Top 40 radio. However, I love his new song “I’m the Man.”

Sherlock!
Bonnie recently posted..Home, Seizures, and Thank You’sMy Profile

Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose January 22, 2014 at 1:46 am

Love the shoes! I’ve been slowly working on adding a little spice to my rather worn out shoe collection.

That post by Jenny is awesome! It’s a little scary when you realize how dependent you are on your husband as your family begins to expand, but it’s also incredibly perfect too. I hadn’t discovered her blog before, but I’m adding her to my feedly now.
Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose recently posted..Five Favorites: Our Sea World tripMy Profile

Erika @ stethoscopes, style, & grace January 22, 2014 at 9:08 am

100% agree on the Avicii song (fav running song pre-pregnancy) and those shoes are just gorgeous.
Erika @ stethoscopes, style, & grace recently posted..Five Favorites: Wearing latelyMy Profile

Kat Crow January 22, 2014 at 9:13 am

Those shoes are gorgeous and I love the color too!
Kat Crow recently posted..2 Years Ago (Part One)My Profile

mary wilkerson January 22, 2014 at 10:43 am

I took a quote off Jenny’s blog and emailed it to my husband after I read that blog. The one about texting every three minutes to see when he is getting home.
Because I do that.
everyday.
#truestory

Kate @ The Rhodes Log January 22, 2014 at 10:52 am

Oh, my! Those shoes are the cutest!
Kate @ The Rhodes Log recently posted..5 Rambling Favorites w/a side of ClickablesMy Profile

bobbi @ revolution of love January 22, 2014 at 12:15 pm

My 5th Fave this week was also Sherlock. Love. :-)
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..Five Favorites (Vol 14): Family, Jane Austen & SherlockMy Profile

ellen January 22, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I love the song, but even more do I love the girl’s night gown. I want one for myself with that wide band of lace!

Elise @ in endless song January 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Those shoes! They’re just so fantastic. I’ll have to look into that book, too.
Thanks, as always, for hosting this linkup!
Elise @ in endless song recently posted..5 favorites {no. 3} winter editionMy Profile

Francine January 22, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Those shoes look like they’d be perfect for that dress you’re wearing in Lucy’s drawing on instagram! ;)
Francine recently posted..Five Favorites: In the KitchenMy Profile

Mary January 22, 2014 at 6:48 pm

How did you like the Sherlock premiere? I feel like I have to go back and watch it again online with captions on because what with the accent and the speedatwhichtheytalk I only catch every fourth word. :)
Mary recently posted..the hands of God / five favsMy Profile

Julie January 23, 2014 at 11:23 am

I have been pinning Chie Mihara for years! Someday, someday…
Julie recently posted..A Weekend in HoustonMy Profile

Martha January 23, 2014 at 11:56 am

SHERLOCK!!! SHERLOCK!!

Yes. It’s all about Sherlock over here.
Martha recently posted..Who, ME?My Profile