by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on March 25, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Milktape

Milktape

Mixtapes for the 21st Century? Be still, my little nostalgic heart. Be still.

Mamma Chia

MammaChia

I discovered these when I was in Texas last week. If you’ve jumped on the Chia Seed bandwagon with your whole heart (as I have), you’ve got to try Mamma Chia. I’m partial to Cherry Lime.

Mini Embroidery Hoop Necklaces

MiniEmbroideryHoopNecklace

Jenna‘s new Etsy shop has been calling my name every since she launched it recently. Aren’t her mini embroidery hoop necklaces the cutest? Totally swoon-a-licious.

Are You a Compatible Couple?

Compatible.jpg

Happy Birthday by Weezer

A week from Thursday is my birthday! Last year I was 41 weeks pregnant and this year I’m turning 35 and am not 41 week pregnant! Does that call for a celebration or what? So, tell me: what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done on your birthday? Or, if you’re not the crazy type, what is your best birthday memory? I have plans to make, girlies.

Bisous!

Janine Doyle March 25, 2014 at 9:13 pm

ahhh i love those mix-tapes!!! So cute!

Sarah Doll March 25, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I have recently jumped on the chia train, and OH MY I love them. Synergy makes a chia kombucha that’s so addicting. I have seen the mama chia so ill have to try that next! There’s just something about them and I can’t quit. :) I hear they give you energy and ill take it! I have been making a chia pudding with coconut milk and coconut sugar, it’s my new favorite desert! As soon as I post my recipe Ill let you know about it, if you love chia seeds you’ll love the chia pudding. :)
Sarah Doll recently posted..5 Favorite Books for a New MamaMy Profile

Casey March 25, 2014 at 11:26 pm

I turned 35 earlier this month, and I had so much fun for my birthday! I’m not so much the crazy type, but one of the most fun things I’ve done for my birthday is be a taste-testing judge in a barbeque contest. Try looking in your local community website/newspaper/magazine for a listing of activities that are happening on your birthday /birthday weekend, pick the weirdest, funnest sounding thing you see and go have a birthday adventure!
Casey recently posted..7 Quick Takes About Birthday Celebrating, Barbecue, and a Themed Cake – 7 Posts in 7 Days: Day 7My Profile

Julie March 26, 2014 at 12:19 am

I think it’s really funny that your 35th birthday is a week from Thursday (and last year you were 41 weeks at the time), because my 35th birthday is precisely TWO weeks from Thursday. And I’ll be 39 weeks, 6 days at the time. ;) (Due just one day after my 35th, I’ve been graced with the whole “advanced maternal age” label – isn’t that annoying/funny?)

That’s about as crazy as I’ve got for you. I will add that last year was my best birthday in some time, due in no small part to a tapas/mojito date with my hubby. Whatever you do, enjoy! Happy birthday!
Julie recently posted..Think Of Your ClosetsMy Profile

Amy March 26, 2014 at 7:57 am

Mix tape?? LOVE

I probably ought not share stories of my craziest birthdays, but last year was a fun one. My birthday was on Easter (it’s Monday, but I’m older than you :) and it was my first time going to Mass on Easter. Whatever you do, have a wonderful day!
Amy recently posted..“Finding Religion” – My Conversion Story Part 2My Profile

Ann-Marie March 26, 2014 at 8:49 am

Sooo, it wasn’t me, but I thought this was cool. We were at the Library one day and this lady was there. It was her 30th birthday, and she got 30 of her friends. They each brought a book to the Library to donate, and then they all volunteered for an hour – so 30 hours total. They were playing music, having a blast cutting out the crafts for the preschool storytime. It was really fun to see her volunteering and loving it.

Amy @ Consecrated Housewife March 26, 2014 at 9:15 am

Funny you should mention birthdays, because today is mine…my 40th! I don’t recall doing anything super crazy for a birthday, but I’ve been having fun celebrating this one. We sent the kids to spend the night at grandma’s last weekend so we could go out to a nice winery with friends (and celebrate by ourselves at home that evening). I’m going out today with my hubby & oldest son for lunch and shopping. Then this weekend I’m going out with some girlfriends from my hometown, we don’t get together nearly enough. So although it’s not going to be “crazy” I am having a super fun time…and of course it’s because I’m spending it with the people I love in my life.
Amy @ Consecrated Housewife recently posted..Valentine’s DayMy Profile

Emilia March 26, 2014 at 11:52 am

Happy almost birthday! I’m not exciting enough to do anything crazy, but I do love a birthday with champagne, good food, and friends. I wish you something along those lines!
Emilia recently posted..5 Favorites (Vol. 8) – Wherein I rambleMy Profile

Karianna March 26, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Happy Almost Birthday!! Watch, now you’ll get tons of mix tapes… Chia seed is fun, it took a bit to get used to the texture though! I’m trying to intro the kidlets to it as well. If you mix raw chia with apple juice, it takes on an almost applesauce consistency.
Karianna recently posted..5 Favorites (Vol. 1)My Profile

Lisa March 26, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Wow, what a great quote! And those necklaces are too cute. :)
Lisa recently posted..Five Favorites: RecipesMy Profile

Monica March 26, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I love chia seeds and cannot wait to check out Mamma Chia Cherry Lime!! Thanks!

Crystal March 26, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Hallie!

You came to my city, posted fantastic photos of fun places I love and then introduced to the world one of my favorite drinks of this pregnancy thus far! Cherry Lime really is the best. It’s a doggone shame our schedules were both so busy bc I would have loved to try to sneak away for a chance to meet you in person. I guess I’ll have to wait for July with the rest of us lucky readers.

Please do share more on how this tape thingy works. AND…my 35th bday just rolled around in September and I was also not expecting – so I declared it reason enough for a happening 80′s party with the best soundtrack evahhhh. It was so much fun seeing all my girlfriends overdone in makeup with big hair and bangles. And it was actually my first time to meet our common friend, Cate. Until then, we had only been Twitter friends. So, have an 80′s bash and invite an online friend. That’s my vote anyway. We pulled it together in less than a week. Happy early birthday!
Crystal recently posted..Charming Family Home for SaleMy Profile

Claire Rebecca March 27, 2014 at 10:43 am

Happy birthday! For my eighteenth birthday this past year, it was a few days before the gubernatorial election in Virginia. I had a bunch of friends over to watch election results, ordered a lot of pizza, and spent the night comparing the electoral results to previous years in an effort to predict who would win the attorney general’s race…by far the best birthday I’ve had.
Claire Rebecca recently posted..Praying for Judas IscariotMy Profile