by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on April 29, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at

Something Other Than God

photo (9)

Jen’s breathtakingly good memoir, Something Other Than God, has been released at long last! I plan on writing an entire post about it soon, but this week’s Five Favorites would be incomplete without a loving SOTG nod. Congratulations, sweet friend! You did it. I am so, so proud of you.

See those glasses up there? I need them. They’re actually my daughter’s costume glasses that I borrow when I’m feeling saucy. Since I’m pretty much always feeling saucy, I’ve decided I need a real Rx-friendly version. Do you think they exist??? Where should I start my search?!?

You have spoken. The official Five Favorites hashtag is #5faves! I love it. Thanks, girls!

The Aqualillies are ModCloth-wearing synchronized swimming entertainers and I think they are the absolute cutest.

Summer by Calvin Harris

Maia April 29, 2014 at 11:23 pm

The glasses are totally cute. No clue where to find ones to get filled, though! And The Book! I am so excited for my copy to come in the mail!!
Maia recently posted..5 Favorites about RAINYday Bibs + a GIVEAWAYMy Profile

Jenny April 30, 2014 at 12:07 am

Love the glasses. Are they sturdy enough to take in and have real lenses put in them? My book is being shipped, can.not.wait!
Jenny recently posted..DaybookMy Profile

Elisa | blissfulE April 30, 2014 at 12:30 am

You are rocking those glasses! And Yay! for Jen’s book!!
Elisa | blissfulE recently posted..Your 1st PostMy Profile

Mamabearjd (Michelle) April 30, 2014 at 8:11 am

There’s an Etsy shop that sells vintage new stock eyewear! I think it’s called Vintage Eyewear or something like that, just search. I can’t wait to see what you find!

Kayla April 30, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Oh my goodness, I am SO glad you mentioned “Summer”! It’s my favorite song of the moment :)
Kayla recently posted..Tone It Up Bikini Series 2014My Profile

Mamabearjd April 30, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Vintage50seyewear is the Etsy shop. They seem to have great stuff, I’ve been wanting to order something to convert to reading glasses.

Susan April 30, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Mmmmm, yes to SUMMER!! Lovin’ that right now! You look fab in the glasses, they really make your “nod” to Jen’s book look extra official! ;)
Susan recently posted..What We’re Reading Wednesday + Five FavoritesMy Profile

crafty P May 1, 2014 at 3:01 pm

one of my friends just ordered glasses to try out from Warby Parker and David Kind. Look there. I know you were looking for those specs specifically, so not sure they have them but they might have something similar! Apparently, you upload a pic of yourself and they can select what frames fit your face best? She’s having a ton of fun with it, so give it a try!

crafty P recently posted..Luke 7 months~ the cast editionMy Profile