by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on April 29, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Something Other Than God

photo (9)

Jen’s breathtakingly good memoir, Something Other Than God, has been released at long last! I plan on writing an entire post about it soon, but this week’s Five Favorites would be incomplete without a loving SOTG nod. Congratulations, sweet friend! You did it. I am so, so proud of you.

Glasses

See those glasses up there? I need them. They’re actually my daughter’s costume glasses that I borrow when I’m feeling saucy. Since I’m pretty much always feeling saucy, I’ve decided I need a real Rx-friendly version. Do you think they exist??? Where should I start my search?!?

Hashtag

#5faves

You have spoken. The official Five Favorites hashtag is #5faves! I love it. Thanks, girls!

Aqualillies

aqualillies.jpg

The Aqualillies are ModCloth-wearing synchronized swimming entertainers and I think they are the absolute cutest.

Summer by Calvin Harris

Love!

Maia April 29, 2014 at 11:23 pm

The glasses are totally cute. No clue where to find ones to get filled, though! And The Book! I am so excited for my copy to come in the mail!!
Maia recently posted..5 Favorites about RAINYday Bibs + a GIVEAWAYMy Profile

Jenny April 30, 2014 at 12:07 am

Love the glasses. Are they sturdy enough to take in and have real lenses put in them? My book is being shipped, can.not.wait!
Jenny recently posted..DaybookMy Profile

Elisa | blissfulE April 30, 2014 at 12:30 am

You are rocking those glasses! And Yay! for Jen’s book!!
Elisa | blissfulE recently posted..Your 1st PostMy Profile

Mamabearjd (Michelle) April 30, 2014 at 8:11 am

There’s an Etsy shop that sells vintage new stock eyewear! I think it’s called Vintage Eyewear or something like that, just search. I can’t wait to see what you find!

Mamabearjd April 30, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Vintage50seyewear is the Etsy shop. They seem to have great stuff, I’ve been wanting to order something to convert to reading glasses.

Kayla April 30, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Oh my goodness, I am SO glad you mentioned “Summer”! It’s my favorite song of the moment :)
Kayla recently posted..Tone It Up Bikini Series 2014My Profile

Susan April 30, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Mmmmm, yes to SUMMER!! Lovin’ that right now! You look fab in the glasses, they really make your “nod” to Jen’s book look extra official! ;)
Susan recently posted..What We’re Reading Wednesday + Five FavoritesMy Profile

crafty P May 1, 2014 at 3:01 pm

one of my friends just ordered glasses to try out from Warby Parker and David Kind. Look there. I know you were looking for those specs specifically, so not sure they have them but they might have something similar! Apparently, you upload a pic of yourself and they can select what frames fit your face best? She’s having a ton of fun with it, so give it a try!

blessings!