Meet Me in the Holy City?

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on September 17, 2014

Some of you know the story of how I fell head over heels in love the first time I drove into Charleston, SC. I love this city so much it’s hard to put into words. When Jen and I first started scouting for a location for the next Edel Gathering I secretly hoped we might be able to hold it here. We wanted to proceed cautiously, though, and make sure that we found just the right hotel in just the right city.

So we researched and researched and researched some more. We made phone calls, talked to those in the know in a variety of cities, visited hotels, took into account travel considerations, and reflected on your needs. In the end, I think we found the perfect spot and am thrilled to announce that Edel 2015 will be held on July 10-11 at the…

Francis Marion Edel

Yes! Charleston!!!

The Francis Marion is classic Charleston. It first opened in 1924 and has succeeded beautifully in retaining its charm and historical character over the years. It is located right on King Street and is across the street from Marion Square and the Charleston Farmer’s Market (which you will be able to enjoy Saturday morning, if you so please). It is also a short walk from Saint Mary’s Catholic Church and a quick (free!) trolley ride away from the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.

(Quick note: we’ve arranged to have a discounted rate for a limited number of rooms at the Francis Marion. Just use code ‘EDEL’ when making your reservations!)

Would you like a little tour? Oh, good…

FM7
I took this picture of the front of the hotel from across the street in Marion’s Square. That’s how close it is!

FM30
When you walk in you’ll pass the Swamp Fox restaurant on the right. The Francis Marion treated me to lunch so I can personally vouch for the deliciousness of the food. (There is also a lounge inside for those of you who crave a southern cocktail or two.)

FM9
On the left is a Starbucks and an adorable general store. (Psst. They sell locally created ReWined candles. You must buy one while you’re in Charleston. I highly recommend the Mimosa.)

FM10
If you head down the stairs you will come to Spa Adagio and the fitness room.

FM12
If you head up the stairs you will come to the lobby. The lobby is one of the things that I love most about this hotel.

FM11
There are several nooks outfitted with cozy tables and chairs. (Just look at that sweet little room perched up there!) It’s just perfect for meeting old friends and getting to know new ones.

FM13
Everywhere you turn there are little extra touches of beauty like these flowers.

FM14
This U.S. Mail letterbox sits between two elevator in the lobby. I need to believe that it is still in use.

FM15
This is the Colonial Room where we will host our Friday night cocktail party.

FM17
These stairs lead up from the Colonial Room to the Mother’s Room which will be available for you and your sweet little ones to use during all of our events.

FM18
This is the Carolina Ballroom which will house all of our Saturday events. It’s just begging for some karaoke, don’t you think?

FM19
This little table of goodness was sitting outside of the Carolina Ballroom where you will find all of our Edel 2015 vendors!

FM22
The sweet gals at the Francis Marion let me sneak into one of their guest rooms. It reminded me of hotel rooms I stayed in when I was backpacking through Europe. While they’ve modernized the rooms, many of the details are original to the hotel.

FM21
See? Adorable details. How pretty is this doorknob?

FM20
I took this shot from the balcony outside of the Carolina Ballroom. That’s the Farmer’s Market I mentioned earlier.

FM2
I couldn’t resist visiting.

FM1
Yes, Beignets! And coffee! And every kind of breakfast food you can imagine.

FM5
Plus, a collection of local artisans selling jewelry, candles, beauty products, paintings, pottery, textiles, and all sorts of other amazing things. I could spend hours visiting all the booths.

So, what do you say, girls? Are you ready to meet me in the Holy City in ten short months? I cannot wait. We are going to have a ball! Ticket sale information will be coming soon!

Julie September 17, 2014 at 12:29 am

Woo-hoo! Super exciting! Austin was great, but Charleston? Wow! Can’t wait to learn more!
Julie recently posted..It Is The Same EvilMy Profile

Jenny Ryan September 17, 2014 at 6:50 am

OH MY GOSH!!!!! SO Close to me! I am so excited!!!!! YAYY

Anna @ IHOD September 17, 2014 at 7:18 am

You know I love this city and always looking for a good excuse to visit. And especially one that involves so many fab women! Crossing my fingers!

Haley @ Carrots for Michaelmas September 17, 2014 at 7:22 am

YAY! I was hoping for Charleston. I’ve never been and I’m dying to go! Saving commences NOW. You are the best for organizing this amazing event that blesses so many women, Hallie! <3
Haley @ Carrots for Michaelmas recently posted..A Few of My Favorite Things: Catholic Children’s Books and Forgiveness! (Guest Post by Nicole Lataif)My Profile

Kara September 17, 2014 at 8:18 am

Oh, Hallie! I so hope to be there! How exciting!

Ellen That Chic Mom September 17, 2014 at 8:25 am

Yay a destination I can possibly make work!!!!

Sabrina September 17, 2014 at 9:10 am

What ever it takes, I’ll be there!

Caitlyn September 17, 2014 at 9:14 am

I was SO hoping you would pull for Charleston in 2015. All my favorite blog friends (and blog celebs! hah!) in my hometown?! Yes please!
Caitlyn recently posted..the name gameMy Profile

Rachael September 17, 2014 at 9:35 am

I am already excited. How am I going to wait another ten months???!
Rachael recently posted..How Does She Do It All?My Profile

Christine Johnson September 17, 2014 at 9:47 am

I’m SO excited you’ll be so close to me! Austin was going to be more to fly there than the conference itself, but Charleston is just a long drive!

WOOT!
Christine Johnson recently posted..On the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, and Not Having It All TogetherMy Profile

Annie September 17, 2014 at 9:54 am

I love Charleston. We always go to Isle of Palm for beach trips. I’d love to go to this and that it is a sane driving distance (plans are scary).
Annie recently posted..When it rains it pours.My Profile

Mary Helen (A Helping of Home) September 17, 2014 at 10:05 am

YAY!!!! I was so hoping it would be here! I cannot wait!!
Mary Helen (A Helping of Home) recently posted..Damian-isms vol. 3My Profile

Lisa Schmidt September 17, 2014 at 10:18 am

N-I-C-E! Seems like a good way to celebrate birthday #39, huh? Hoping to be there with a few friends from Iowa with me this time!! :)
Lisa Schmidt recently posted..Something to ponder when squirrels sit next to you during MassMy Profile

Emily M September 17, 2014 at 11:21 am

We honeymooned in Charleston and Savannah, so I will always love that place! I think I might be 3 hours away instead of 12 that weekend; must be a sign!
Emily M recently posted..WIWS: Game night editionMy Profile

CA Rhoades September 17, 2014 at 12:39 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSS Oh my gosh I am so excited right now. I wanted to go to Edel 2014 so badly but Texas was just too far at the time. I live in VA so making this trip is SO doable! I will be there! :D
CA Rhoades recently posted..We Homeschool a Little BitMy Profile

Amanda September 17, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Amazing! You and Jenn are amazing! And, this new location looks and sounds absolutely dreamy. Perfect for a host of wonderful women gathering together in fellowship, love, and goodness! Already mentioned it to the husband. He gave me the look. The look that says you need to start digging through the sofas if we’re going to make this happen two years straight. ;) Cheers to digging!
Amanda recently posted..Photo Challenge: Toddlers and LightMy Profile

Katherine S. September 17, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Wow, that looks awesome. Charleston is gorgeous, so much beauty and culture. So exciting! I know you ladies will do a lovely job with it!

Becky September 17, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Woohoo! I’d love to visit Charleston, especially for Edel! Everything looks wonderful, I’m really hoping I can go :)
Becky recently posted..Help bring the girls home!My Profile

Christine Scarlett September 18, 2014 at 8:30 am

This sounds lovely. I have a question. I am 55. I don’t drink or do karaoke. Will I still enjoy it or should I pass so someone who likes these things can have my potential spot.

Casey@MyLoveIsTooLittle September 18, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I’ve only been to Charleston once, but I loved it, it was so pretty! And that hotel looks fabulous.

I doubt I’ll be able to make 2015, though, since I don’t really do airplanes, and it’s an awfully long way to drive from Texas.
Casey@MyLoveIsTooLittle recently posted..A Fight I Don’t Want To WinMy Profile

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }