Welcome to Moxie Wife!

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on July 30, 2012

When I first started blogging almost four years ago, I decided to write under a pseudonym (for reasons that I can’t quite seem to remember). The name “Betty Beguiles” was meant to conjure one of those charming female advice columnists from way back when. It was a fun endeavor that has been hugely rewarding.

Since then my tagline has gone through a number of changes as I’ve refined what I enjoy writing about. Recently, though, even my title/pseudonym seemed no longer to fit (perhaps because, as it turned out, I didn’t end up blogging pseudonymously for long).

It dawned on me recently that it might be time for sweet “Betty” to retire. She’ll always be in the background giving me her advice, I’m sure, but I’ve decided to strike out on my own — as you may have noticed when you were redirected to this brand spankin’ new site.

I’m tickled pink to welcome you to Moxie Wife!

Why “Moxie Wife”?

Well, every since I tied the knot with my husband just over a decade ago I’ve been eager to learn as much about the subject as possible so that I might be able to live out this awesome vocation of mine to the best of my abilities. Reading books and articles about the subject, seeking advice, and implementing the things I’ve learned delights me to no end. And talking to all of you about romance, relationships–and yes, even fashion and beauty (as it applies to our lives as wives)–over the last few years? Well, it has only confirmed my suspicions: I never feel more inspired about blogging than I do when I’m writing about marriage.

As for the word “moxie,” it was in my original subtitle and I’ve always loved it. Energy, pep, courage, spirit, determination, know-how…these are the things that I want to bring to my role as a wife. I want every woman to be able to harness a little moxie and use it to create a rockin’ union.

Honestly, not much will change. My focus might be slightly refined and I’m crazy excited about this new venture, but the bottom line is that it was simply time for a fresh start.

So, stay tuned! I truly hope you’ll help me build up this community so that together we can create blissful, thriving, life-giving marriages.

Coming up next? A fantastic giveaway from one of my all-time favorite clothing companies, DownEast Basics!

nicole July 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Love it! I also feel called to write more about marriage, but I’m still trying to figure out how to do that.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife July 30, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Thanks, Nicole! I’d love for you to write more about marriage! Have you thought about submitted articles to websites and/or magazines? That would be awesome!

Cate July 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Congrats on the big change! Love the new look! Can’t wait to see what you have in store!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife July 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Thanks, love!

Elisa July 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Love it!! You are awesome. It’s easier for me to just tell my friends HALLIE, and not BettyAKAHallie when I tell them about you and your inspiring blog.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife July 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Thank you, cutie! And yes, no one ever knew whether to address me as “Betty” or “Hallie.” It was getting kind of silly. ;)

Jodi July 30, 2012 at 4:23 pm

It is lovely that you are confident to make these changes to move towards where you heart is.

But can I admit I”m feeling a teensy bit sad? I am kinda attached to Betty. :) Although it will be easier to refer to you as just “Hallie” from here forward.
Jodi recently posted..and the winner is….My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife July 30, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I know. I’ll miss her, too. ;)

Moira July 30, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hi Hallie! I just want to say I appreciate what you take the time to spend time over and write, and I admire your guts in pursuing what you truly love, at the risk of loosing those you love (your fans). Don’t worry, you won’t lose us!

~Moira

Hallie @ Moxie Wife July 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm

You’re so sweet. Thank you so much!

Christy July 30, 2012 at 5:24 pm

What an exciting change Hallie! You’ve got lots of great things to say, but I’ll miss Betty every so often I’m sure!
Christy recently posted..G.K. of the Day!My Profile

pablo July 30, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I recommend your blogs to girls that want to learn how to be women.

God be with you…

Kim @ Transitus Tiber July 30, 2012 at 5:33 pm

LOVE! Although I will miss Betty as well … perhaps she should make a cameo every now and then! :)
Kim @ Transitus Tiber recently posted..Restless and Worn-OutMy Profile

Kate July 30, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I loved Betty, and I admit that happy-married-life blogging is not my favorite kind right now. :-( I know that you have a lot of readers who love it though and I wish you the best in this slightly shifted endeavor!

Jennifer Reed July 30, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Yay Hallie! I have to snicker because I once had a similar situation in the “vintage-loving-retro-styled-writer” arena as a sassy business-related advice columnist for my former company. I, too, got to the place where I was “outed” too many times and finally the anonymity became obsolete. So I feel as though we are kindred spirits; plus, we have so many similar real-life interests. I’m thrilled for your new direction because I cherish your marriage advice and adore your awesome modest fashion finds! God Bless You!

Sheila @ Seasoned Joy July 30, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Love it! I think I remember you having the word “moxie” in your tagline, because it’s one of my favorite words so it stood out to me. Love love love that it’s now in your blog name. :)

I’m also in the process of possibly changing my blog name, but haven’t 100% decided if I’m going to. It’s a big deal!
Sheila @ Seasoned Joy recently posted..Infected!My Profile

Jeanmarie July 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Nice new look, and a blog title certainly more descriptive of your inspiring writing! I really enjoy your posts.
Jeanmarie recently posted..Pattern Revisit: Aunt Terry’s Slipper Socks IMy Profile

Kallah July 30, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Love the new title! It really fits!
Kallah recently posted..Recipe: Breakfast CookiesMy Profile

Helen July 30, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I agree with others: Betty will be missed! Betty Beguiles had a real ring to it :) But you’ve obviously thought long and hard about the change, and you have certainly been writing a lot about wifedom (is that a word?!) lately, so this new endeavour will no doubt be really exciting for you and interesting to us! With traditional marriage being undermined by governments all over the Western world at the moment, and many of your readers no doubt getting involved with defending marriage on the political front, your light-hearted (yet deep) discussions on marriage are heartening and inspiring. Do keep writing about fashion and beauty! I am about to ‘sign up’ to your website, by the way. I’ve been reading Betty Beguiles almost since the beginning, so it’s about time!

Lynn July 30, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Hallie, I think this is a brilliant move! Betty was great, but this is so much more “you,” and I love the clear, specific message of focusing on the married life. I’ve already sent your new site to a bunch of my friends!

Karianna @CaffeinatedCatholicMama July 30, 2012 at 8:04 pm

How fun!! I will admit that Betty helped jump start my journey into blogging and I am eternally grateful to her for that! But it will be great, as a pp said, to be able to just say “Hallie” rather than “Hallie, the writer behind Betty Beguiles!”

So, will your twitter be changing as well?
Karianna @CaffeinatedCatholicMama recently posted..NFP Awareness Week: Non-religious reasons to use NFP/FAMMy Profile

Gina July 30, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I love it! Cannot wait to see the awesome things you’ll blog about. I have only been a follower for a short time, but already have been so inspired!

Arlene July 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Fun new name! I’m glad you found the change you were looking for — forgive me for having fallen off the face of the earth in recent months. Just wanted to let you know I’d found you again and wanted to say “hi!” :D
Arlene recently posted..Change of PlansMy Profile

TracyE July 30, 2012 at 11:41 pm

How exciting! Looking forward to your continued blogging, especially on marriage! In this day and age of Chik-fil-A boycotts and stances against traditional marriage we need to encourage and bless each other throughout our marriages. They are a constant work in progress! God bless!

Josee July 31, 2012 at 12:23 am

Cool beans! I’m loving the new site and name!
Josee recently posted..Book Review: French Kids Eat EverythingMy Profile

Sarah July 30, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Congrats on the new name and focus! I love the new look and “savor the married life” tagline! I am sure you will be an inspiration, as always! God bless!!

Dorian Speed July 30, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Looks great! I love the blue – it really freshens up the site. Congratulations on your fresh start! I just said “fresh” twice because…you so fresh. (Cue Kool and the Gang.)

dweej {House Unseen} July 30, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Fresh as a summer breeze….(she’s so fresh)
dweej {House Unseen} recently posted..What the Heck is Going on?My Profile

Colleen Martin July 30, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Wow, it’s looking so grown up around here! Love it!

dweej {House Unseen} July 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurv it, girl! Ex. Cit. ING!
dweej {House Unseen} recently posted..What the Heck is Going on?My Profile

Sarah @ Basic Ingredients July 30, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Love the new layout and re-focus! You have found your niche. :) I look forward to all the inspiration tyou have to share – as I know I need it! My marriage is not my strong point!
Sarah @ Basic Ingredients recently posted..Cod Liver Oil: A Testimony {guest post}My Profile

Elisa | blissfulE July 31, 2012 at 3:12 am

The sweet dresses drew me in and your sage words about marriage have kept me inspired… love that you’re aligning your blog title and look more with your current focus!
Elisa | blissfulE recently posted..David and Mama’s corduroy trousersMy Profile

Kara @SimpleKids.net July 31, 2012 at 7:39 am

Moxie Wife – that is perfect for you! I love it! Eagerly looking forward to more :-)

Best wishes!
Kara @SimpleKids.net recently posted..Books for tweens and teensMy Profile

Ashleen Moreen July 31, 2012 at 8:55 pm

What a lovely change!
Sometimes a marriage can change things for the better.
Thank you for sharing a small part of your marriage.
Ashleen Moreen recently posted..Timber Sliding Doors To Make Best Use Of The Space In Your HomeMy Profile

Siobhan @ Tree at My Window August 1, 2012 at 8:45 am

Hallie I’m delighted for you, I love the new look and the new name!! Moxie Wife is so funky! Although I think my poor hubby will miss Betty Beguiles…:-)
Siobhan @ Tree at My Window recently posted..Just seize it.My Profile

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy August 1, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Buh-bye, Betty! We’ll miss you!

Hallie, the new site is charming! I adore the new header especially. Congrats on this big step!
Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy recently posted..The 5 Rules That Shape Every Post I WriteMy Profile

Misty August 18, 2012 at 9:50 am

Congratulations on your new site and boy is it cute! Lately my husband and I are both interested in making our marriage of 16 years *sparkle* again so I added your blog to my favorite blogs in my sidebar. :) Looking forward to reading more.
Misty recently posted..This Week in PicturesMy Profile

Sarah September 13, 2012 at 10:16 am

Love your blog! It makes my heart ache to hear so many women complain about marriage on a daily basis. It’s nice to have a place to come and read about how wonderful it is! It always feel awkward when I encounter one of those women who just wants to hubby bash and I have nothing bad to say :) Congrats on your new bun in the oven! My DH and I have been married 6 years and just had our 4th baby this last spring. You are right about it being the best timing!

Helene September 14, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Hallie-

You are the best! I hope you and Mr. Beguiles are having a swimmingly good transition. You should both have a nice trip to the spa for a pedicure and enjoy and luxuriate!

Valerie September 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Congratulations! Marriage as a “cord of three stands” with Jesus the strongest cord has been my happy “secret” for 30 years! My husband authors books for the Living Water College of the Arts Series and I highly recommend his first in the series, Living Water (at Lulu.com) to get all marriages off to a vibrant and very full start! It displays a strong view of Catholic creativity in all areas of life, forming and embellishing common bonds…..