Gift for the Fulwiler Family

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on January 6, 2013

Thank you all so much! I’ve taken down the Paypal button and forwarded the gift to the Fulwiler family. Update here.

Hello, friends!

As most you have surely heard, my sweet friend Jen (of Conversion Diary) was diagnosed last week with bilateral pulmonary embolisms. You can read updates on her condition here and here, but in short this is a pretty serious situation and her hematologist just informed her that it will be at least three months until before she’s back to anything resembling normal in terms of her health and ability to function.

Her newest little one (number six and a sweet baby boy) is due in April. It probably goes without saying that she is going to need a lot of support over the next few months to keep her family functioning and her and her baby safe and sound.

Jen insists that she needs nothing more than your prayers but as her best friend I am overruling her on this. Her needs will be great over the next six months or so and I very much want her to be able to be as at peace and under the least amount of stress as possible. As Jen mentioned on Twitter, she can’t breathe if she moves at all so you can imagine how difficult even the most basic of tasks will be for this mother of six in the coming months. Because of this I’ve decided (after several very kind requests from a great many of you) to put up a Paypal button (see below) for Jen.

In addition, I know Jen very well and know how much she will want to thank everyone who donates personally. I also know that writing thank you notes and reaching out to everyone who has shown her love during this ordeal is simply more than she is going to have the time or energy for right now. Because of this, I am going to include a note with this gift that lets her know in no uncertain terms that all we want from her is for her to take care of herself right now and that she is not allowed to lift a finger to right a single thank you note.

If you’d like to contribute to this gift, simple click the button below. Thank you so, so much for your support!

With love and gratitude,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Abigail Benjamin January 6, 2013 at 4:28 pm

The no thank you note rule. I just want to concur that I think that writing thank you notes are a secular way of thinking that has gotten way out of hand. The Jewish religion has a great ideal that a good deed done “in secret” is the highest form of giving. It’s even cooler to get a gift if you know who to write a thank you note too–because then it’s so clearly from God Himself.

I vote we make a Catholic giving in the “St. Nicholas”–secret giving for Jesus– tradition–and say “no thank you notes allowed” often! Go Hallie!

Michelle January 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Great idea, Hallie and thanks for setting it up.

Michelle
Michelle recently posted..7 Quick Takes – 37My Profile

Grace January 6, 2013 at 7:42 pm

If the money raised could pay for a housekeeper or a mother’s helper or both for the next few months, I know she will love it. There’s nothing like seeing yourself helpless in the midst of chaos to push you into depression. If the family basics are being handled, I think her willingness to sit still and take personal care of herself and baby will be greater. Thanks for putting this together. Together we can all be a force for the good. If you have questions about what help like that for her would look like or take to set up, you can email me at Pnglittlefieldatgmaildotcom.
Grace recently posted..Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Twelfth Day of ChristmasMy Profile

Teresa January 6, 2013 at 7:54 pm

It shows up as bloompersonalshopping@gmail.com is that correct?

Hallie @ Moxie Wife January 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm

That’s the one! So sorry for the confusion. It’s an old email address of mine that I must not have changed on Paypal yet. Thanks, Teresa!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife January 6, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Just updated it to avoid confusion! :)

bobbi @ revolution of love January 7, 2013 at 12:57 am

I am soo glad you decided to put this together! I will spread the word!
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..The Year of Loving God…Downton StyleMy Profile

Steve Skojec January 7, 2013 at 11:46 am

Thanks for posting this. Spreading the word.

Kaitlin F January 7, 2013 at 11:48 am

I love that you over rule her wishes. That’s what best friends are for! You’re awesome!
Kaitlin F recently posted..Chris…. Kringle?My Profile

Ele January 7, 2013 at 12:24 pm

hi Hallie! I think I forgot while compiling the form to specify that the donation is for Jen but I hope it doesn’t matter. Thank you for letting us help!

Sarah Webber January 7, 2013 at 12:41 pm

You’re a good friend, Hallie.
Sarah Webber recently posted..Too ColdMy Profile

Jen January 7, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Donation sent!

Therese Z January 7, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Donation sent!

Aileen January 7, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Thank you for providing this opportunity, Hallie! Donation sent. And I thought Grace upthread had a great idea about a possible mother’s helper.

Catherine January 7, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Thanks so much for setting up. Prayers continue…

Catherine Post January 7, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I am tweeting fellow Catholics individually, as well as some who are heard and/or seen far and wide. I know all love Jen and her faith-filled, inspirational blog! So glad you set this up, Hallie. Jen and her family are *precious* to us all. Thanks for doing this!

Kerry Wolf January 7, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Prayers for Jen and family–thanks so much Hallie for being such a wonderful model of true Catholic friendship!
Kerry Wolf recently posted..A Place to PrayMy Profile

.e January 7, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Thank you for setting this up. Paypal is great for this. I am glad I could send some help to Jen.

Kathleen January 8, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Glad you organized this! I came over from Conversion Diary after seeing the monthly bill for her blood thinners. Unreal!

TracyE January 8, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I hope you can keep this available for as long as The Fulwilers need help, I donated, but would be able to donate intermittently over the next few months. Blessings and you are an amazing friend!!
TracyE recently posted..2012 Photo Review, linky looMy Profile

Michele Quigley January 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Thanks for doing this Hallie.

BTW if you want to avoid fees for donations, persons with a PayPal account can donate by using the gift option under the Send Money tab. No fees taken out that way. Every little bit helps.
Michele Quigley recently posted..These Last DaysMy Profile

John January 9, 2013 at 8:28 pm

My wife and I are glad to donate. I’ve been laughing over Jen’s posts for a long time, and my wife loves the book that Hallie edited. God bless the Fulwilers! I can’t imagine how stressed her husband must be right now.