by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on March 5, 2013

five-favorites-moxie-wife-1

Are you noticing a trend, girls? It seems that all I’m capable of in this last month of pregnancy is creating lists of swoon-worthy items.  I suppose there are worse things. ;)

Anyway, here are my five favorites for the week along with a little linky list at the bottom if any of you cutie pies would like to join me!

Couture Aprons

A little over-the-top? Hush. I’m in love.

Lunch in Paris: A Love Story

lunch-in-paris-a-love-story-with-recipes

“In Paris for a weekend visit, Elizabeth Bard sat down to lunch with a handsome Frenchman–and never went home again.

Was it love at first sight? Or was it the way her knife slid effortlessly through her pavé au poivre, the steak’s pink juices puddling into the buttery pepper sauce?”

You’ll have to read it to find out! ;)

(Updated to add: there are a few more thoughts from me on the book in the combox.)

Brigitte Bardot Bangs

Bardot Bangs

I remain smitten with bangs and “Bardot bangs” take the cake. Also, I have a rule that I don’t do drastic things to my hair during pregnancy but I can’t promise that a month from now won’t find me a redhead. How gorgeous is that color?

Jenny’s blog: Mama Needs Coffee

Mama Needs Coffee

This adorable wife and mom just moved to Rome and is chronicling her adventures. She’d better keep it up because living vicariously through her accounts for a large portion of my joy these days. ;)

Audrey Hepburn Goodness

AH

Oh, yes. Me, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Alexandra Wright (@HawthorneDiary) March 5, 2013 at 10:55 pm

That apron would be so forgiving to any post-partum leftovers, too! Bonus!
Alexandra Wright (@HawthorneDiary) recently posted..Party Across the StreetMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 5, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Ooh! You are so right. Yet another reason for me to buy it! Thanks, cutie pie.

Liz March 5, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I’ll have to see if my library has that book…I’m always a sucker for fiction with recipes sprinkled in. How do you find time to read? I would love to read more books but just not finding the time or focus right now. Or maybe I just read way too many blogs instead. :)
Liz recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 5, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I stay up way too late! :)

dweej {House Unseen} March 5, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Jenny! She is a rockstar.

You MUST get that apron. So you.
dweej {House Unseen} recently posted..Five Favorites (vol. 1)My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 6, 2013 at 9:50 am

I know, right??? Can I print this out to present to Dan when I make my case for the $155 apron? ;)

Stefanie @ A Dreamer's Wife March 6, 2013 at 12:01 am

I’ve always loved that Audrey Hepburn quote!
Stefanie @ A Dreamer’s Wife recently posted..Five Favorites Vol. 1My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 6, 2013 at 9:50 am

I just love her. :)

Jeannine March 6, 2013 at 9:27 am

Oh, yes! I love, love, love that Audrey Hepburn quote! Lovely.

And that apron is too, too much! I love the idea of basically wearing a cocktail dress/Broadway costume to do household chores! And ♥ Jenny.

Also, how do you keep bangs going in just the right direction? I am constantly swiping at my forehead, and I don’t even have bangs.
Jeannine recently posted..…and this is the part I was dreading.My Profile

Jeannine March 6, 2013 at 9:28 am

yipes, I posted before I meant to! Just wanted to say THANK YOU!
Jeannine recently posted..Five Favorites with Hallie!My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 6, 2013 at 9:53 am

Re: the bangs. I give all credit to skilled hair stylists. If they do a good job, somehow everything just falls into place! When I had Bardot bangs (and the best hair stylist in the world) I didn’t have to do anything to them to get them to behave! Crazy, I know.

Jenna@CallHerHappy March 6, 2013 at 9:29 am

Don’t you just love Jenny’s blog?

And yours too ;)

Thanks for letting us link up!
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..5 Favies Right NowMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 6, 2013 at 9:53 am

I do! She is such a sweet pea.

And thank you! The pleasure is ALL mine. You cutie pies are making my day!

Colleen Martin March 6, 2013 at 9:50 am

Oooh, I could so see you with those bangs. And the hair color. You would look gorgeous in anything though!!!!!
Colleen Martin recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 6, 2013 at 9:55 am

Your check is in the mail, love. ;)

Thanks for blessing me with your sweetness!

Lisa March 6, 2013 at 11:25 am

I am dying over that apron! Gorgeous!

And that book has caught my eye before in a book section. Glad to know it’s a good read- it’s going on my to-read list!

Jenny’s blog has such fun/ hilarious/ moving posts. I’m loving the Roma updates. :)

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 6, 2013 at 11:32 am

I probably should have given more details about the book. I *really* enjoyed it but a lot of that can be attributed to my being a bit of a Francophile and a complete hopeless romantic. There was some less than charming stuff in the book but I still think it’s worth a read if you have either of the two above things in common with me. :)

Nikita March 6, 2013 at 11:43 am

I have to say number 3 is one of the possible styles especially with bangs I was thinking about to get when I finally decide to get my hair cut and layered again.
Nikita recently posted..Five Favorites Volume 3My Profile

Kris March 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm

LOVE Jenny! I’m struggling with my bangs right now. Some months = good. Other months = bad, depending on the cut. I think you’re right – it matters how she does them. Thanks for the book recommendation – I’m always looking for a good read.

Bethany March 6, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I don’t have a blog, but I wanted to tell you my absolute favorite thing right now is a new etsy shop (well, not new but she just started making things again to raise money for their adoption). It’s called Simply Beautiful. All natural beauty products. I’ve already bought several things and they have been WONDERFUL. And everything is made with natural oils (think coconut, jojoba, etc…) and essential oils added to make each products smell amazing. Here’s a link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyBeautifulBandB

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 8:58 am

Sounds heavenly! Thanks, Bethany! Off to check it out right now… :)

Melinda Jane March 6, 2013 at 3:29 pm

What are you suppose to wear under that apron? Hmm…
Melinda Jane recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 8:59 am

Ha! I suppose it depends on the situation. ;)

Sarahlcc March 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I would love to have that apron in hot pink!
Sarahlcc recently posted..My Five Favorite Facial Care ProductsMy Profile

bobbi @ revolution of love March 6, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I love this these! I think #3 & 5 are my favorites. :-)
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..Five Favorites: Vol 1My Profile

Misty March 6, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Ooo – I have wanted to read that novel but haven’t yet. Also – I believe in all those things as well and it is so fun to know I am not the only one!
Misty recently posted..Deep Peace {a Gaelic blessing}My Profile

Cate March 6, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Definitely picking up that book! I didn’t know you were a francophile, too! Parles-tu francais? I have a couple of friends that I email with sporadically in the attempt to keep mine up, but it’s been languishing lately.
Cate recently posted..Five Favorites: Vol. 1 My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 9:00 am

I wish! One day, I hope. Maybe a trip to Paris is in order?

Patty March 6, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Those aprons are amazingly gorgeous…maybe I need something like that to inspire me to cook more? :) something about Audrey Hepburn that always makes me smile:)

Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life March 6, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Thanks for hosting, Hallie! I love those bangs! I’m due for a haircut (or have been due for a haircut for six months!) and have had several people (including random blog readers) tell me I’d look good in bangs – when there wasn’t even a discussion about hair at all. I guess that’s a hint! I don’t have very much hair and it’s pretty thin, but I might still take that picture in to see if a hair stylist thinks it would look nice on me.

Looking forward to hearing about your sweet babe!
Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

EML @ Barefoot and Sometimes Pregnant March 6, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Love the apron!
EML @ Barefoot and Sometimes Pregnant recently posted..Five Favorite ThingsMy Profile

Jamie March 6, 2013 at 11:44 pm

YES!! Total francophile here too, and I promise I wasn’t even copying you…I didn’t read through your list until after I post mine :) Adding that to my goodreads list ASAP!!
Jamie recently posted..Five Favorites!!!!!My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 9:02 am

I love it! Bringing Up Bebe is one of my all time favorite books!

Jenny March 7, 2013 at 2:36 am

Okay first of all thannnnnnks for the shout out. I’m totally starstruck.

Also, if you have not you MUST read ‘Bringing Up Bebe’ – I tore through it in a couple of days a few weeks back when we were hardcore sleep training #2, and some nights it was the only thing that kept me from breaking down the door and rushing to his lordship’s plaintive howls.
Jenny recently posted..Toddlers and (Papal) TiarasMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 9:03 am

LOVED it!!!

Cynthia March 7, 2013 at 3:53 am

Oh, this is too much awesome. Look at the hour, and I’m only just at the fifth blog. I want to see them all. Catholic ladies are SUPER FUN!

And seriously, I am pea green with envy for that apron! OOOOHHH!! I think I might have to get out the sewing machine. Best!

I’m so glad I found out about this because it’s super. Are you planning to do it every week?
Cynthia recently posted..Five Favorites: Volume 1My Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 9:03 am

Most definitely! :)

Kara March 7, 2013 at 8:36 am

Thanks for hosting :-)

I am wondering, after reading your comments, if the problem with my bangs isn’t perhaps getting them done at a budget one-size fits all hair cut place? Perhaps I should have saved up and shelled out for a *real* hair cut at a salon? Alas, what’s done is done and in the meantime I’m using bobby pins and lots of funky, carefully crafted updo’s ha ha ha!

LOVE the apron! But, I don’t want to be an enabler (oh, wait, yes I do!) ;-)
Kara recently posted..Five current favorites making my Inner Rock Star very happyMy Profile

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 9:06 am

Honestly, I think a *real* haircut at a salon is an absolute must when bangs get involved. They’re just too persnickety. :)

Shannon @ Sword&Stein March 7, 2013 at 9:25 am

I’m so embarrassed that I spelled your name wrong in my post … it hit me on the drive to work. Fixed! And thanks for the link up! Those Bardot bangs are fantastic…

Hallie @ Moxie Wife March 7, 2013 at 9:51 am

I didn’t even notice! And no worries at all. My name has been torturing people for 33 years. ;)

Andrea March 7, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Oh, I love this link up. I will try to participate next week. It seems like anymore than just the review stuff is getting to be too much. Ah!!

I LOVE that hair.. I would be way to afraid to go red.. I don’t even color my hair.. but GORGEOUS and I love the cut. I can’t decide whether to keep the bangs or not lately. Ahh!
Andrea recently posted..Women’s Apparel from eShakti :: $25 Gift Code #Giveaway (Ends 3/11)My Profile

Josee March 8, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Thanks for hosting this link-up Hallie. So fun and easy! I often think of joining Jen’s seven quick takes but thinking up seven things (phew!) sometimes this mommy brain doesn’t have what it “takes” (haha!)
Josee recently posted..The Warmth of a FireMy Profile

TracyE March 9, 2013 at 4:04 pm

That apron ROCKS!!! Oh my goodness…..
I have red hair and as I get older it’s just morphing brownish ish ish….I really like that color, must run it by the Hubby and the hairdresser and see if she can do it! The bangs are cute but will drive me nuts.
And lastly, I must say that with you, Jen and Christy all about to pop, the blogs are ’bout to be filled with baby sweetness……I can almost smell the baby powder…..soooo exciting!!