by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on March 12, 2013

five-favorites-moxie-wife-1

So, you girls know that you totally made my life last week, right? I was thrilled (thrilled, I tell you!) to see that so many of you had written your own Five Favorites posts. Not only did I have a ball reading about your current faves, but I now have a Reader full of fantastic new (to me) blogs to follow! So, thanks, loves!  You girls are the best.  (Brand new link-up below!)

3 Things for Mom

“It’s like having your favorite bloggers over for coffee in your PJs every morning.”

Have you discovered 3 things for Mom yet? It was created by the beautiful Lauren Warner of Sipping Lemonade and I think the idea is brilliant:

In quick, bite-sized blog posts, 3 things for Mom looks at the same three topics (a truth, a tip & a find) through the eyes of different inspiring mom bloggers. Discover a fresh voice, a neat product and a unique perspective every weekday.

What Mom couldn’t benefit from that?

(Also, Lauren was sweet enough to invite me to contribute. My truth, tip, and find were posted this morning!)

i

photo (18)

Do you ever pray for silly things? Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about my upcoming birth and dreaming of what little things might make it extra special (like essential oils! wink, wink). I’ve asked God to bless us with a safe labor and delivery and all that, but I’ve also asked Him whether I might labor during the night, surrounded by yellow tulips, while rain pours down outside. These things might not ultimately be the most important things, but I don’t think He minds. ;)

i

pennies

Pennies from the year you met your husband, were married, and had your babies. How sweet is that?

i

violet

I think I’m going to have to turn in my Vintage FanGirl Card because word on the street is that Besame Cosmetics is the vintage-inspired brand to have and I am ashamed to admit that I have never tried any of their products. The photos alone are swoon-worthy enough to be included in this week’s favorites, though, don’t you think?

i

81mezVdQ1JL._SL1500_

If only they sold Dr. Teal’s Lavener Epsom Salt by the bucket. I’d buy five. It smells heavenly. Plus, it does a great job of soothing my pregnancy aches and pains. Win-win.

Have a lovely week, cutie pies!

Liz March 12, 2013 at 9:33 pm

That epsom salt sounds divine! It has been way too long since I have had a relaxing bath (especially because our bathroom is torn up at the moment).
I’m looking forward to checking out the 3 Things for Moms site!
Liz recently posted..Five Favorites Volume 2My Profile

Cynthia March 12, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I’ve been watching for your Tweet, and actually turned my computer back on to do the link up! I feel like, I don’t know, some sort of crazy person, because I have to get up in less than eight hours and do some editing for my daughter’s paper on Christian Ethics.

Epsom salt baths (of even the hum-drum ordinary kind) are always so very soothing, so I’m right with you on that.

And yes, I think God doesn’t mind our weird prayer requests. I think it’s lovely. Why wouldn’t God? But if you just get the safe labor and healthy baby, I’m happy with that! Praying for you.
Cynthia recently posted..Five Favorites: Part DeuxMy Profile

Rebecca Fletcher March 12, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I love me some Dr Teal’s, especially the lavender! It coordinates with my lavender bubble bath quite nicely. I don’t know about soothing pregnancy pains, but it sure soothes this chubby girl after a Zumba session!

Praying for an uncomplicated birth for you! (I suppose that’s the best kind!) I’ll light my Lady of Lourdes candle for you tonight!
Rebecca Fletcher recently posted..A.L.L. Book Review: Blessed Pope John Paul II, The Diary of Saint Faustina, and the End TimesMy Profile

EML @ Barefoot and Sometimes Pregnant March 12, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I am loving the penny idea!
EML @ Barefoot and Sometimes Pregnant recently posted..Five Favorites – Vol 2My Profile

Lacey @ Forgot the Flour March 12, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Your linkups always bring me out of blog hibernation. I love this idea! And I think God likes our little silly prayers– they’re glimpses into our heart (not that he needs the glimpse, as he’s got the whole view, but I think he likes them, just the same).

Carolyn @ 4life4life March 13, 2013 at 12:22 am

Epsom Salts worked miracles for me during my last pregnancy… leaving me thinking it was too good to be legal.

Stefanie @ A Dreamer's Wife March 13, 2013 at 5:57 am

I really love the penny idea! SO sweet! I wonder how easy it would be to put a hole in them for a keychain. I’ll have to investigate! :)
Stefanie @ A Dreamer’s Wife recently posted..Five Favorites (vol. 2)My Profile

Nikita March 13, 2013 at 6:34 am

Penny idea is amazing, it reminds me of my great-grandmother who use to at one time buy a silver dollar that had the year you were born. I never got to see mine because my mom sold it when I was little.
Nikita recently posted..Five Favorites Vol. 4My Profile

Emily March 13, 2013 at 8:01 am

I LOVE epsom salt. I seriously sit in it all the time. It smells lovely and it helps sore muscles.
I love the penny idea. So cute!
Emily recently posted..Five Favorites v. 2My Profile

Laura @ ThisFelicitousLife March 13, 2013 at 9:03 am

Oh Hallie, I do hope you get your rainy night labor surrounded by yellow tulips!

dweej {House Unseen} March 13, 2013 at 9:34 am

Fragranced epsom salt! I didn’t even know there was such a thing :)
dweej {House Unseen} recently posted..Five Favorites {Shabby Apple Giveaway edition}My Profile

Lisa G March 13, 2013 at 11:04 am

Totally just emailed my husband to tell him to buy me the pennies for mother’s day :) I LOVE IT!! And I just recently got into epsom salt baths and do them weekly now. I’m also getting ready to make a magnesium lotion for the kids using magnesium flakes!!
Lisa G recently posted..Five Favorites (#2)My Profile

Molly March 13, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I love Besame! :)

Kara March 13, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I think laboring at night surrounded by yellow tulips sounds … well, it sounds pretty awesome! I hope you get your wish :-)
Kara recently posted..Five Favorites [the care and keeping of inner rock stars]My Profile

Martha@RomancingReilly March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm

The lavender epsom salt sounds fantastic! I just might have to give that a go, especially, as you say, for the prego aches.

Jeannine March 13, 2013 at 3:45 pm

It’s always superfun to see your favorites, Hallie.

I remember planning my birth accoutrements meticulously, and then never really using any of them. Back massager? Birthing ball? Carefully chosen music? Focal point? I think gathering those things definitely helped me stay sane in the waiting period, though!
Jeannine recently posted..Five Favorites with HallieMy Profile

Stacy March 13, 2013 at 4:34 pm

My sister-in-law got me the pennies keychain and it is SO cute! One says my hubs name and the penny is his birth year, same with mine, then one says my cat’s name, and the one that says lucky us is from our wedding year. You definitely have to get yourself one, or hint strongly to your husband ;).
Stacy recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

bobbi @ revolution of love March 13, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I love the #1 idea. Added her to my reader. #2 – it never hurts to ask. ;-) #3 – penny idea is super cute!
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..Chaos to Calm Bible Study: Week 1 – Morning Prayer & Finding Joy in the Craziness of MotherhoodMy Profile

Terri March 13, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Those Besame cosmetics have me swooning for sure. Those would make me happy just looking at them on my dressing table!
Terri recently posted..Habemus PapamMy Profile

Jenna@CallHerHappy March 13, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I didn’t know this was going to be a regular thing! I am so excited :) I will definitely have something ready for next time :)

Also, #1 and #5 are on my short list!
Jenna@CallHerHappy recently posted..Five Saints to Get You Through the Rest of LentMy Profile

Jamie March 14, 2013 at 7:25 am

#2!!!!!!!! Why have I never thought to pray for that???????
Jamie recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Josee March 14, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I don’t think #2 is silly. Having hopes and dreams for your upcoming birth is normal :) I really wanted to have Jonny Cash’s Ring of Fire song playing at the end of the birthing process…
Josee recently posted..Five Favourites (vol. 2)My Profile

Fran L. March 15, 2013 at 10:46 am

I never knew about lavender Epsom salt!! So going to get me some!!! My last home birth was a night labor, no rain. I loved