by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on April 30, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Lancome Mousse Radiance Clarifying Self-Foaming Cleanser

Lancome Mousse Radiance Clarifying Self-Foaming Cleanser

Lancome’s Mousse Radiance is everything I’ve ever dreamed a face cleanser could be. I’ve been searching for my ideal face wash for the longest time and have never been perfectly satisfied until now. This deliciousness feels like foamy velvet (which sounds weird, I know, but trust me – it’s so very good), smells incredible, rinses off easily without leaving a bit of residue behind, and keeps my skin clean, healthy, and not the least bit dry. I love this product. If they ever discontinue it I will cry.

Overcoming Anxiety in Marriage by Elizabeth Duffy

You wrote in chapter 4 of the book Style Sex and Substance: “I hung my life on my husband’s fidelity, but I knew he would go to work and see prettier, more outgoing women than I.”  This is exactly my case!  I stay at home with my two young children while my husband travels for work.

On top of that, my husband told me he is attracted to a woman he works with.  I was very glad that he felt he could share that with me.  But at the same time, it made my fear take hold of me, and I have been very, very anxious about it.  I pray a rosary every day, but when issues come up, I just have these moments of sickening fear.

How did you overcome this?

Elizabeth’s response is fantastic. A must-read.

Folex Instant Carpet Stain Remover

Folex Instant Carpet Stain Remover

Does everyone and their mother already know of the miracle that is Folex? Why didn’t anyone tell me??? I know it claims on the bottle that it’s a no-rinse formula and that stains will simply disappear into thin air, but who actually believes those back of the bottle sales pitches? I guess I do now. I pretty much wasted $50 on renting a Rug Doctor this week because after pre-treating our carpet every single spot is gone. I wish I had before and after pictures to show you because this stuff is crazy.

Mothers of the world, do yourself a favor and buy a lifetime supply. (And if you do pick some up for yourself, make sure you saturate the stains and let them sit overnight. A couple of my really bad stains needed to be sprayed twice but they all came out eventually.)

My new Le Creuset Salt and Pepper Shakers

Le Creuset Salt and Pepper Shakers

I discovered the cutest little kitchen store around the corner from my house this past weekend. I wanted to buy all the Le Creuset things (they had a million!) but my pocketbook would only approve the purchase of this sweet salt and pepper set. Aren’t they darling, though? As Rachel said on Instagram, “every kitchen needs a signature S&P.” How very right she is. :)

Blue Tile Backsplash

Blue tile backsplash.

Isn’t that the most gorgeous shade of blue? I can just picture myself happily cooking for hours in a kitchen like that.

Take care, cuties!

Stefanie @ A Dreamer's Wife April 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I just learned about Folex a couple weeks ago, but didn’t realize how awesome it was until reading this post! I’m sold!
Stefanie @ A Dreamer’s Wife recently posted..Five Favorites vol. 6My Profile

Blair April 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Never heard of Folex but I’ve got it on my Amazon list now, along with those salt & pepper shakers. Adorable!
Blair recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Dorian Speed May 1, 2013 at 1:52 am

Folex is amazing. I have a friend who gives it as part of a gift basket for every housewarming/bridal shower. It’s transformative that way.
Dorian Speed recently posted..THE PINISHERS, Volume 1: Food!My Profile

Maia May 1, 2013 at 4:41 am

I loooove Folex. I send my bottle home with people all the time just to share the love!

And Betty Duffy’s post was the best thing I read all week!
Maia recently posted..May’s Bible VerseMy Profile

Amelia May 1, 2013 at 7:18 am

I’m running out to stock up on Folex carpet cleaner now. We desperately need that! Desperately!!

I love blue tile back-splash as well. When we were building an addition to my parents’ house, I picked out a similar shade of blue (a tad lighter), and I still love seeing it every time we go back there. It does making cooking and washing dishing more pleasant.
Amelia recently posted..Princesses Aren’t Good at BirthMy Profile

Colleen Martin May 1, 2013 at 8:01 am

I am so excited to hear about this Folex stuff. I have some serious spots that need to be cleaned. I am getting it and doing before and after pics and I will sing your praises if it works!!
Colleen Martin recently posted..5 Mother’s Day FavesMy Profile

Britt May 1, 2013 at 8:08 am

If Folex gets the spit-up stains out of our carpet, I might need to pay you for the great advice :) Buying some now…thank you!

Isn’t Le Creuset the best?? Love the color you chose!

Hope life is great with the new one :)
Britt recently posted..Five Favorites…My Profile

Leila May 1, 2013 at 9:30 am

I really, really love that tile. Really.

Jamie Jo May 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I might have to join in….love this!

I just need the time to think of the 5 things, that would mean 5 complete thoughts…

I wrote about marriage last week, and have to say, that since we’ve been talking every day, or trying our best to, I’m not as insecure about things like that–women at work. My husband is a counselor and most in his field are women. (although, he counsels men in recovery)

If you are interested:
Jamie Jo recently posted..The IncorruptiblesMy Profile

Liz May 1, 2013 at 12:53 pm

No. 1 sounds amazing! If you have the chance, would you mind sharing how long a bottle lasts you? Sadly, my favorite cleanser is no longer sold in the US so I’ve been on the lookout for another kind but this is kind of pricey so just curious if it would be worth it…would hate to get hooked and then realize what a costly addiction it was. :)
Liz recently posted..Five Favorites Volume 5My Profile

Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries May 1, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Oh, I do love the blue tile! And the LeCreuset. I have NOT heard of Folex, but will now search it out! Thanks for sharing!! (Do you think it would work on clothes without ruining them?!?)
Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..Five Faves: More Sights & Sounds!My Profile

Laura May 1, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Will definitely look out for Folex- sounds awesome!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife May 1, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I’m still on my first bottle so I don’t know yet. I will say that a little goes a long way! :)

Hallie @ Moxie Wife May 1, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I haven’t tried it on clothes yet but they claim it will. Walls, too!

Stacy May 1, 2013 at 7:21 pm

So tell me this isn’t crazy. When we first bought our house last year, there were some cleaners under the sink of the guest bathroom. Being the lazy person I am, I just shoved them to the back and placed mine in front. I read your 5 faves this morning and thought I have GOT to get some of that Folex spray because our carpets are light. Later went to try and clean cat pee off the guest bed (sigh…) and thought “let’s see if the previous owner had any pet odor stuff”. Lo and behold in the back of my cabinet was Folex spray! I got SO excited and now the mattress has been doused. Anyway, this was probably more fun as it happened than it is to read ;), but I was thrilled!
Stacy recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Lisa May 2, 2013 at 9:29 am

I love Le Creuset, and that set is adorable! I def. want to try that Folex spray now.
Lisa recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

BettyDuffy May 2, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for the shout out Hallie!

Liz May 6, 2013 at 4:18 pm