by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on April 23, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

3floz.com

3floz.com - beauty products packaged in 3 oz. containers for easy traveling.

Take that, TSA.

So the last time I traveled for a speaking engagement I realized with horror that my beloved hairspray would not be permitted to accompany me on the plane. (Yes, I have told this story once before, and yes, I’m still processing.) Being left with no other option, I stopped in at Ulta upon landing so that I could purchase new hairspray – new hairspray which ended up being used a total of two times before I had to get back on the plane to head home. But no worries – I found a good home for said sweet hairspray. I’d never thoughtlessly leave her in a hotel room trash can. That would just be cruel.

All this is to say that I clearly have a problem.

Ha. No. All this is to say that I think I’ve solved all of our problems, fellow loyal-to-your-beauty-products-until-their-dying-day gals!

Meet 3floz.com.

All of our fave products presented in 3 oz. packaging? Brilliant. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Alexi and Kate!

Antique-Framed Magnetic Chalkboards

There is a very fine line between “need” and “want.”

Sigh. Do you know why Etsy hurts me? Because when I find something absolutely stunning (like the above chalkboard that I’m currently obsessed with), I know that I have no time to pinch my pennies and save up to buy it before someone comes along and snatches it up!

I am absolutely smitten with this particular Etsy find but since she simply can’t be mine I thought I’d share her with all of you lovely ladies in case one of you would like to give her a good home. Just promise that I can come and visit her on occasion, okay?

“FYI…This was NOT made with love.”

Honesty is always the best policy?

Humorous things that take the sting out of loving when you’re not feeling it? L. O. V. E.

Presents.

I ♥ presents.

Word on the street is that it’s in bad taste to admit that you like receiving presents. Really? Whatever. I love presents. Presents are definitely one of my favorite things. If you give me a present you, too, will be one of my favorite things. ;)

(The beautiful box of Sephora goodies above arrived on my doorstep earlier this week thanks to a gift card given to me by Dan for my birthday. He’s the sweetest. All of his sandwiches are definitely made with love.)

The Gram.

Sending out an SOS.

I’ve been making an effort to take more photographs with my Canon for posterity’s sake but I can’t lie – my heart still lies with Instagram. Why? Well…

1. I find it easier to capture fleeting moments like the one above with my iPhone. (You are right to be afraid, Charlie. Very afraid.)
  2. I appreciate not having to upload photos in order to share them with friends and family.
  3. It has those filters that make this sleep-deprived mama look not quite so scary.
  4. Captions are fun.

Instagram blessings abound.

Kisses!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge April 23, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I so love presents. I guess I’m rude or out of touch or whatever. My grandmother says I’m her favorite person to give gifts too because I gush and gush and am so appreciative (in an honest way!).

And sweet Charlie’s face…how precious.
Kristen @ St Monica’s Bridge recently posted..Five FavoritesMy Profile

Amelia April 23, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I love presents too! And, that “not made with love” sign…..although to be honest, if someone gave me a sandwich with that one it, I would definitely NOT eat it…just in case the person decided to replaced the love with something like dog poop…or arsenic.
Amelia recently posted..Why this Health Food Nut is a little less Nutty..or Why I’m Unliking a Bunch of Stuff on FacebookMy Profile

Jennifer April 23, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Hi Hallie,

I know your hands are full right now with your beautiful baby, but the chalkboard you love is a doable DIY. Thrift store frame, spray paint frame in favorite color and paint the center with the chalkboard paint. You can buy the chalkboard paint to roll on or as spray paint.
I love #3 – not made with love. Too funny!
Jennifer

Rosie April 23, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I may or may not have let it spill to my middle school students that my birthday is on Thursday solely because I want them to bring me candy… Presents are the best!
Rosie recently posted..Five Favorites – Recipe editionMy Profile

Andrea April 23, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I can’t get enough of Instagram & my Henrik is being captured in everything! :) thanks for the link up.
Andrea recently posted..Five Favorites – Fashion EditionMy Profile

TracyE April 23, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I also love Etsy and Insta….I can get lost in both easily and really need to take out my “real” camera and dust it off….soon!!!
TracyE recently posted..Five Favorites…My Profile

Liz April 23, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Love that sandwich!! Tee-hee!
And presents…can totally understand why that made the 5 favorites. Thanks for hosting!
Liz recently posted..Five Favorites Volume 5My Profile

Patty April 23, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Magnetic chalk boards?!?!? too cute…

Hevel April 24, 2013 at 1:44 am

I inherited a lot of water damaged photos and ruined paintings from my grandpa a few years ago with beautiful frames. Those now adorn all our message and chalk boards. I also painted a few doors with chalkboard paint to let the kids have their own gigantic chalkboards.
Hevel recently posted..Five Favourites volume 3.My Profile

Sarah April 24, 2013 at 6:23 am

I’ve a weakness for cutely framed chalkboards too!

I used smooth sheet metal and chalkboard spray paint from the hardware store to make it both magnetic and chalk-able.

I also found cute beads that looked like little books that I made into magnets. You can do the same with old fashion jewelry.

Kris April 24, 2013 at 7:46 am

Love the 3 oz site! Thanks for sharing. I may be able to travel now because I can find some mousse….! Gifts must be your love language – I bet you’re a great gift-giver, too!

Ellen April 24, 2013 at 8:49 am

I’m a total sucker for Instagram too! And presents, come to think of it :) Thanks for another week of link-up fun!
Ellen recently posted..Meet me in St. Louie…My Profile

Cate April 24, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I’m embarrassingly excited over the 3oz site. I’m flying to see my sister in a week and a half, and the last time that I went I made it THERE with a bottle of my favorite lotion, but they made me dump it at the check point on the way home. It was practically full! Grrr.
Also, prezzies are the best. I think 87% of the reason I use Amazon for most things is just to have boxes delivered to my door! ;)
Cate recently posted..Five Favorites: Vol. 4My Profile

Rakhi April 24, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I feel the same way about Instagram! Am I perhaps just a little lazy about getting out my camera these days? Maybe. But mobile photography definitely provides some sweet perks, like instant gratification and those lovely filters you mentioned. It’s an easy way to document life. Of courses, I need to be better about dumping the photos from my phone onto my computer so I don’t keep running out of space….

Also, is it true? Can it be? Is there really a site that will lead me to all my favey fave products in 3 oz installments? I love it when Jesus smiles on us in the smallest of ways. :)

Incidentally, I caught your husband on The Choices We Face with Peter Herbeck last night. It took me a second to figure out why he looked familiar, then my husband told me who it was, and I exclaimed “Oh! That’s Hallie’s husband!” He found me amusing.

Hope you are all well!!
Rakhi recently posted..Confessions of a Mom With a Toddler {#2}My Profile

Rakhi April 24, 2013 at 2:05 pm

PS – email me if you really want one of those boards and I can see what I can pull together for you. It’s a matter of thrifting the right frame and then layers of paint!
Rakhi recently posted..Confessions of a Mom With a Toddler {#2}My Profile

Dorian Speed April 24, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I NEED ONE OF THOSE CHALKBOARDS.

And, okay, I don’t know what I would use it for, but: I need one. I usually love planning a DIY project but that one I just want in a box, delivered to my house.
Dorian Speed recently posted..Coming Soon: This Link-Up is for PinishersMy Profile

Katrina April 25, 2013 at 6:37 am

I’m with you on the gram…so easy!

The sandwich is hilarious :)

Iris H. @ Wilfie April 27, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Do I have to be a wife in order to participate in this? :)
Iris H. @ Wilfie recently posted..dirty cars + doodle boards + midnight chocolate milk ~ 7 Super-QuickTakes (vol. 5)My Profile