Five Favorites – The Conference/Gathering/Party Edition

by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on November 12, 2013

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

July 26, 2014

venue5

I still can’t quite believe that less than a week ago Jen and I put down a deposit on the gorgeous piece of Austin property pictured above. We both experienced a powerful call to host a gathering that would revive, encourage, and bring joy to the lives of moms in the trenches, it’s true, but I’ve always been a little impulsive and quickly started wondering whether we had just purchased for ourselves a very expensive private getaway. I mean, Jen and I could totally get into that, but Joe and Dan might have some reservations.

But then Jen shared our big news on her blog and my jaw dropped as we were showered us with enthusiasm, love, and support! You said that you kind of liked our idea! And wanted to come to our party! You filled our inboxes with virtual hugs and you breathed life into this vision of ours. Woman after woman told me that she needs a day like this just as much as I do. And before we’d even begun I began to feel a little less alone.

I just hope you know how grateful we are.

So now Jen and I are going to go forth and attempt to create an event worthy of you — because you sweet, selfless women deserve no less. We hope to offer you an experience that will energize you and leave you feeling valued; a gathering that will allow you to connect with other women, extend them support, and allow yourself to be supported; and a day that will be free of responsibility and full of relaxation, laughter, good food, cocktails, sweet treats, inspiring speakers, and more.

Please pray for us over the next few months! We both have experience with event planning, but the level of interest is far beyond anything we ever could have imagined so bear with us, and if you could give the Holy Spirit a little tap on the shoulder and point him in our direction that, too, would be the cat’s pajamas and the bee’s knees!

We’ll be back soon to reveal the name, location, and more details about the day!

So! Much! Love!

Cari November 12, 2013 at 10:33 pm

I’m counting down the days. Not even kidding.
Cari recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipe Linkup: Breakfast CasseroleMy Profile

Danielle November 12, 2013 at 11:01 pm

You ladies are seriously the best–what an absolutely fabulous, selfless idea!! I so wish I could join but I really don’t think it’s in the cards this time. My prayers will be with you as you plan this event–one of my favorite things to do ;) Thanks for being wonderful, and also thank you for providing such an uplifting blog! I’m grateful for the inspiration you give me (and many others!!) You show it is possible to show others the light of Christ through how you live and the words you write. :)
Danielle recently posted..Snow and my “sunny” sideMy Profile

Michelle @ Endless Strength November 12, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I am counting down. I am very excited to book my ticket and plans!!! Cannot wait to meet you both!!
Michelle @ Endless Strength recently posted..Monday Mumbles – 61My Profile

Mrs. K November 12, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Great idea!! I’m rallying all my friends from New England….

We do this often in our Homeplace Moms group. It is incredible.

Count on my prayers for an awesome event.
Mrs. K recently posted..A Slick Car Wash DateMy Profile

Jeni November 13, 2013 at 2:07 am

Oh you don’t even know how much I need this kind of a getaway. I’ve already roped my mom into coming to Texas (from FL) to baby sit so I can go and not be too far from the little ones.

So thank you guys both for being open to this brilliant idea! Thank you for shouldering all the extra work this will require and have no doubt we’re praying for this conference and all involved.

God bless!
Jeni recently posted..FF: Football EditionMy Profile

Karen Bell November 13, 2013 at 7:12 am

Best idea ever. You guys are wonderful. Love and prayers!!

Julie November 13, 2013 at 9:39 am

Yay! Can’t wait to know the details. (And, best to you both as you… er… figure them out.) Within a day of Jen’s posting, a couple of fellow DC-area girlfriends and I agreed that we should see if we can make this thing work. And my husband conceded that it wouldn’t necessarily be a horrible idea for me to fly to Texas with a three-month-old. Thanks for all the excitement!
Julie recently posted..A Tale of Two Soldiers, RevisitedMy Profile

Jess@Cathofeminism November 13, 2013 at 12:27 pm

So excited. Counting down as well.
Jess@Cathofeminism recently posted..I Only Blog When I Have A ProblemMy Profile

Erika Marie @ Simplemama November 13, 2013 at 2:13 pm

That sounds amazing! Wow. This speaks volumes about your generosity. Thank you.
Erika Marie @ Simplemama recently posted..Scarf Love for Moms ~ 5 FavesMy Profile

Brianna @ Just Showing Up November 13, 2013 at 3:24 pm

It’s gonna be so great!!! I am SO excited!
Brianna @ Just Showing Up recently posted..Discerning adoptionMy Profile

Francine November 13, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I want so much to go to this. I’ve got a good few months to work on my husband to help him see this would be a good thing for me to do.. ;) I know it will be amazing!!
Francine recently posted..Bits and PiecesMy Profile

Julie November 14, 2013 at 1:19 am

Yea! I’m not sure how you’re going to organize the hordes of women flocking to Austin from all over the country, but I pray that those the Spirit wants to be present will be.

Misty November 14, 2013 at 7:15 am

I am sending the links to this post and Jen’s posts to my husband to get the idea planted firmly in our heads. YES! I want to be there and cannot wait to hear more.
Misty recently posted..NowMy Profile

Julia November 14, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Beautiful things happen when beautiful minds come together and the Holy Spirit moves, WOW!!!!! What a blessing it would be to visit with women of such faith and talent in PERSON!!!! :) July 26 is my wedding anniversary but maybe we can celebrate a day early just this once… ;)
YEAH!!!!!!!
Julia recently posted..7QT: A week of rain, cafeteria food, potty training, neighbor boys and one really good hair dayMy Profile

Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries November 14, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Thank you both for putting yourselves out there! Cannot wait to read more and book my tickets if I’m able. It’ll be a great excuse to go back to Texas and visit some old haunts too!
Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..Behind the Music: Amanda VernonMy Profile

Melissa November 16, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Praying for you ladies! Excited and hoping I can fly out to Austin for this awesome party!