by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on January 29, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Prayer for a Marriage

“When we are old one night and the moon
arcs over the house like an antique
China saucer and the teacup sun

follows somewhere far behind
I hope the stars deepen to a shine
so bright you could read by it…”

Sigh. I just love this poem so much. So, so, so, so much.

(HT: Julia)

The Antelope in the Living Room

antelope-book-cover_zpsbccc8781

I absolutely loved Melanie Shankle‘s first memoir, Sparkly Green Earrings. Now she’s back with a second memoir and this time she’s writing about marriage. You cannot even imagine how much I am dying to get my hands on a copy of this book. Should you need me, I suggest starting your search in the black market district. I will not emerge sans antelope book in hand.

Let Your Husband Love You

“I know you don’t want to be touched and for some reason, an innocent compliment can offend you. When he says, “You’re so pretty”, you think he’s mocking you because you’re in the yoga pants you’ve been wearing 4 days in a row and your hair is either falling out of your scalp or tied so tightly on top of your head that your eyebrows are permanently surprised. You think when he hugs you he’s just trying to do the thing that made all this chaos start in the first place and that ticks you off. Please. PLEASE. Listen when I say these things.

Stop. Take a breath. Recharge. Try again…”

Apparently this was controversial which is so baffling to me. I thought it was great.

Pink Retro Cup with Straw and Lid

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.28.07 PM

I have issues. I know this. I can’t explain it, but I can only manage to hit my daily water intake goal if I have a cup with a straw. Give me a pink, retro cup with a straw, though, and you can just call me Hallie Hydration. Or Hydrated Hallie. Or just Hallie. That would be fine, too.

Sir Alexander Fleming

photo-2

God bless you, Sir Alexander Fleming. Thanks to you, we are winning our war against the VERY SERIOUS DISEASE.

I’d send you kisses, but then you might DIE. Just ask Lucy.

Laura January 29, 2014 at 1:13 am

Wow, thanks for sharing that post about compliments from husbands! I shared it in my Facebook mommy groups right away and added her blog to my feed reader. Loved it so much. Hope y’all feel better soon!
Laura recently posted..Small Successes (Beginning Again)My Profile

Amelia @ One Catholic Mama January 29, 2014 at 9:48 am

I loved that Let Your Husband Love you post as well. I can’t imagine how it could possibly be controversial…it was wonderful!
Amelia @ One Catholic Mama recently posted..The Advantages of Picky Eaters….and How We Deal With ThemMy Profile

Kristen LaValley January 29, 2014 at 11:15 am

Thank you SO much for sharing my article!! <3 I'm not sure why it was so controversial., either. Apparently treating your spouse well is a hot topic these days.
Kristen LaValley recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

Karen Bell January 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Ordered that book! Can’t wait to read it.

And that article about treating husbands right was spot on and wonderful!

Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries January 29, 2014 at 3:54 pm

When I read Kristen’s article, my first thought was, “Does Hallie have a twin soul?” :) I haven’t the slightest why it was controversial either. It was definitely a good reminder for me to chin up and give my best, not my garbage, when my husband comes home. Now, saying and doing are two completely different endeavors. :)

Hope you guys are on the mend!! We are on our last doses of the bubblegum magic on our end…
Rakhi @ The Pitter Patter Diaries recently posted..Five Faves: Bringing Back the WorshipMy Profile

Elise @ in endless song January 29, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I just love the poem, Hallie! Thank you for sharing it. Also, I am so with you on the water cup with a straw thing. I drink SO much more water (with lemon) that way!
Elise @ in endless song recently posted..5 favorites {no. 4} family game night editionMy Profile

Caroline M. February 4, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Hope your family is feeling better! I truly didn’t realize that people still got scarlet fever. It sounds so much like literature, not like real life.
Caroline M. recently posted..Making ComparisonsMy Profile