by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on February 4, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

In the interest of keeping up with my discovering songs eons after the rest of the world habit, here is my new favorite, Say Something. It’s a tear-jerker.

24 Grooms Blown Away By Their Beautiful Brides

grooms

Another tear-jerker, but for an entirely different reason. So, so sweet.

The Unusual Marriage of Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer

“One of my favourite parts of the performance was the two stars responding to written questions from the audience. One questioner reported that he was a very shy, introverted person as Neil seemed to be; and yet Neil also seemed to have the ability to come out of his shell and be charming with people. What advice could Neil give to help others follow suit?

Neil chuckled and replied that his advice was simple, ‘marry Amanda Palmer’. He was joking but he did agree that getting together with someone who is not so shy is a good way to learn to be a bit more expressive of one’s self.”

I’ve always thought they were a very neat couple. I love hearing him talk about how they help one another to stretch and grow.

Whatever Isn’t Love

“These little people, they force me to confront my own selfishness. How I greedily hoard my time, like Gollum with an hourglass. They hold up a mirror to my face, and I cannot turn away. I have to see the lack of patience, the places where my heart is full of anything but love. They overwhelm me, they push me farther than I thought I could go. And they’re saving me. Every day that goes by when I put them ahead of myself, when I give up what I want in order to give them what they need, a piece of myself that isn’t love is burned away…”

This reflection on how motherhood refines us by fire is a must-read. I loved every word.

Vitamin D3

D3

If I could only take one supplement, it would be vitamin D3. Without it, I get all Fiona – y. With it, I’m as happy as a clam. It’s kind of crazy the difference it makes actually.

Take care, love bugs!!

Kelsey February 5, 2014 at 1:05 am

Oh vitamin D…. Such a mood changer!! I pop them like skittles since moving to the tundra of Alaska. I greatly miss sunshine!!
Kelsey recently posted..Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Rockin Everywhere!My Profile

bobbi @ revolution of love February 5, 2014 at 5:26 am

I saw #2 on Facebook. So sweet! :-)
bobbi @ revolution of love recently posted..Five Favorites (Vol 15): Songs, Bakeware & PlannersMy Profile

Amelia @ One Catholic Mama February 5, 2014 at 9:23 am

I’m a huge Vitamin D3 fan as well. I wrote about it today, too!
Amelia @ One Catholic Mama recently posted..How to Be a Happy Mom, Even in FebruaryMy Profile

Caroline M. February 5, 2014 at 11:40 am

The best are those gummy Vitamin D3s, because is really is like eating candy.
Caroline M. recently posted..Making ComparisonsMy Profile

Katrina February 5, 2014 at 11:41 am

I love that Buzzfeed. And maybe I should get Vitamin D3! I have been so tired lately, but I don’t want to go for coffee.
Katrina recently posted..Dry Skin, Be GoneMy Profile

Anna February 5, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Ha! when you said “fiona-y” I was thinking more along the lines of ‘turns into an ogre’! Ive never heard that song or taken vitamin d religiously, but i think I’ll start on vitamin d today, thx!

Cate February 5, 2014 at 7:12 pm

The fact the Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer made your Five Favs this week, pretty much made my February. I want to give you a hug for being so awesome! (Well, I wanted to do that before, but this is sprinkles on the cupcake!) xoxo
Cate recently posted..Half a Dozen Holidays and Other AdventuresMy Profile

Eva February 5, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I’m pleased to hear you are a Neil Gaiman fan. My husband and I bond over his works:) Thanks for hosting, and thanks for the Edel conference! I really really hope to be there!

Christie @ Everything to Someone February 6, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Re: Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman

I too think they’re a neat couple! (Have you listened to Ms. Palmer’s TED talk, it’s stunning!) And Neil Gaiman has always seemed the opposite of the shut up artist type, despite his shyness, reaching out to many people and fandoms, the first of which come to mind are Tori Amos and Doctor Who. He’s also apparently friends with Terri Windling, which gives me a Gaiman number (as opposed to a Bacon number, ha!) of two, since I’ve had limited internet contact with Ms. Windling. All in all, they seem like a neat couple! I just hope that his marriage to his first wife ended for legitimate reasons and not for what is too often found with celebrities, that they find themselves suddenly rich and successful and the object of attention of much younger, more attractive people. But, that’s none of my business!

Vitamin D-3, huh? I really need to get back on a regular vitamin regimen. What do you think of the B vitamins? Do you find them essential, or is vitamin D even more so than those?
Christie @ Everything to Someone recently posted..The More Things Change . . .My Profile