by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on February 25, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

The Clarisonic

Clarisonic

Have I already shared my love for the Clarisonic with you? I think maybe yes.

Okay, I checked and yes, I did. But not in the context of a Five Favorites post so I’m totally allowed to mention it again. If you feel so inclined, you can head over here to read my ode to Clarisonic.

Camp Patton and the Apartment Therapy Awards

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 1.23.01 PM

So, these awards are kind of a big deal in the online world and Grace is currently in second place! How cool is that? Voting closes at midnight on Wednesday so grab your friends and rock the Camp Patton vote! You do have to register to vote which is kind of hassle, I know, but I promise it’s super easy!

What Love Looks Like

“It’s odd to begin a marriage the way we did, where our stormy on-and-off dating thing suddenly became a marriage and a family. We didn’t have to get married just because I was pregnant, of course, but we chose to. We chose to knowing that we weren’t exactly in love, and we certainly weren’t sure that each other was The One. We didn’t go into it thinking life was going to be sunshine and lollipops because true love. We knew we had a choice to make, and we made it.

Sometimes I get really caught up in wishing we’d had a more traditional romance, that the Ogre had been speechless when he saw me in my wedding dress, that there had been more flowers and chocolates and less drug interventions and OB appointments. I confuse what our culture tells me love is supposed to look like with what love looks like for me…”

Calah writing about love and marriage is one of my very favorite things. She kills it every time.

The Big Purse Dump

purse dump

I have been having the best time following along with Kendra’s Big Purse Dump link-up. It is so fascinating to me to see what other women carry around in their purses. If you haven’t read the post (and clicked-through to the other entires) you really should. Unless you were planning on being productive today in which case, change your plans.

Safe and Sound by Capital Cities

Oh my word, do I ever love this. I love the song. I love the duo. I love the video. I love it all.

Stay safe and sound, cutie pies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life February 25, 2014 at 11:59 pm

We have the exact same music taste. Every time you post about a song I either love it or just haven’t heard it yet (but love it as soon as I do). It’s really a bit shocking that this is the case 100% of the time.
Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed Life recently posted..It’s not jealousy.My Profile

Grace February 26, 2014 at 12:25 am

thank you Hallie!!!

And I echo allllll positive Clarisonic sentiments …. a million times over :)

Erika Marie @ Simplemama February 26, 2014 at 1:22 am

What a great marriage/love post. Although at first I thought you were sharing your story and was confused. I like the “nail in the forehead” video.
And what a fun link-up idea with the purse! I was just thinking of cleaning mine out so this is good motivation.
Thanks for hosting us!
Erika Marie @ Simplemama recently posted..Mom Boots & Skinny Jeans, Scarf Love, Shapewear, & Sippy Cups that actually work! {5 Favorites}My Profile

Kendra February 26, 2014 at 6:12 am

Thanks Hallie, I hope you’ll consider joining us!
Kendra recently posted..the BIG purse dumpMy Profile

Maia February 26, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Calah wrote a fantastic post as per usual. And Hallie, the purse dump was totally fun and I would totally love to see what’s in your bag!!
Maia recently posted..The Dump of the DiapersMy Profile

Leticia Adams February 26, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Calah is one of my favorite bloggers. She nails it everytime. I disagree with her opinion that rap music isn’t art, but ya know, it’s all good. :)
Leticia Adams recently posted..And this Year’s Theme for Lent is….My Profile

Nella February 26, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I just voted for Grace and she was winning!! Love Calah and LOVE that song :)
Nella recently posted..Channeling My Inner Goat: What Cancer Taught Me About Negative Self TalkMy Profile

Amanda February 26, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Oh Hallie! That video just made my afternoon. I’ve been having quite the day that started last night and the video just made me all kinds of happy since I just love to dance and don’t do it enough! Thank you!
Amanda recently posted..{7in7} Out of the Mouths of Littles: Pigs & OgresMy Profile

M.T. February 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I love your blog, Hallie!

Rebecca February 27, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Ooh, I had never seen that capital Cities video before although I had heard the song many times. I love it! Have you seen Pharrell’s “Happy”? Oh my gosh it is super cute and the 24 hour version is actually rather worth watching. Some of the dancing is amazing!
Rebecca recently posted..A few more things: wrestling homeschool; A great response to the “Human Suffering” argument against faith in God.My Profile