by Hallie @ Moxie Wife on April 8, 2014

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

Beach Reads

Tempting Fate by Jane Green

Between now and October all of my favorite “beach read” novelists have new books coming out. Jane Green’s Tempting Fate was just released; Emily Giffin’s The One and Only and Sarah Pekkanan’s Catching Air will be available in May; Elin Hilderbrand’s The Matchmaker and Jennifer Weiner’s All Fall Down are both coming out in June; And Jodi Picoult’s Leaving Time is coming out in October.

I cannot wait to dive in.

Sparkle Skin

Sparkle Skin exfoliant by Clinique

I can no longer live without this deliciously invigorating cream-based exfoliant. It’s a sad state of affairs.

How to Keep the Spark Alive

How to Keep the Spark Alive

You all know how I feel about date nights. This Verily article has excellent tips for keeping the date night spark alive from “old” married couples.

Paper-Wrapped Bouquets

Paper-Wrapped Bouquets

If I ever own a flower shop, every bouquet will come wrapped in paper.

(Dan gave me these for my birthday. Aren’t they beautiful?)

Lorde

I love this entire album. LOVE.

Take care, love bugs!

Sarah Doll April 9, 2014 at 1:16 am

I love Verily Magazine. My sister in law bought me a subscription for Christmas but alas! They are no longer in print. :( Such is the way the print world is going I guess. I had to laugh when the author mentioned the study about happy couples having three shared hobbies. My husband and I have decided, we have NO shared hobbies, lol. At first it bothered me, but then I realized sharing hobbies wasn’t the reason I married him, and I am just fine with that. We have plenty of respect for each others hobbies and that’s what counts. I never thought exercising was hobby but my husband loves it and I just started working out – so I guess we DO share one, and it’s been fun! I can see how crossfit would bring two people together, it’s intense and those Crossfitters are passionate. :)
Sarah Doll recently posted..Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittensMy Profile

Lisa April 9, 2014 at 6:53 am

Love these favorites, Hallie! I always look forward to a good beach read and enjoy Emily Giffin’s books, so I can’t wait to look into the ones you mentioned in #1. :)
Lisa recently posted..Journey to the Middle of the EarthMy Profile

Katrina April 9, 2014 at 7:11 am

I do love Verily! And at this moment, the climbing toddler on my lap is requesting “Royals” so you can tell we love Lorde, too :) Ha! Hallie Lord loves Lorde ;)
Katrina recently posted..Five Favorite Ways to Eat KaleMy Profile

Erica Saint @ Boys, Books, and Balls April 9, 2014 at 7:35 am

Hallie, I love the Lorde album! I have been listening to it nonstop during my workouts recently.
Erica Saint @ Boys, Books, and Balls recently posted..Putting My Best Face Forward: Five FavoritesMy Profile

Elise @ in endless song April 10, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Those paper-wrapped flowers…just so lovely. There’s nothing like fresh flowers. And I really enjoy the Verily articles, too. Thanks for sharing these favorites, Hallie.
Elise @ in endless song recently posted..Would you pray for us?My Profile

Aileen April 10, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I, too, bought a Verily subscription. It was for my daughter for Christmas. Too bad they couldn’t remain in print!

Are there gratuitous intimate scenes in some of those books? Seems like they’re everywhere.

Lea S. April 23, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Just discovered your blog and the Five Favourites. A great link-up! Thanks for all the tips.
Lea S. recently posted..Happy Easter, Our Only HopeMy Profile